C4 Forums | Control4

I need help with a few issues

The sr-250 is stuck on "waiting for network". I tried pulling battery's, dealer disconnected and re-identified, dealer gave me a few codes to enter (room off, #, 1,5,4,1,5) and a few others but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Thermostats were working great and then one day they were showing 120 degrees on the iPhone/iPad. The thermostats read correctly but won't respond to control from remotes or computer. Again dealer disconnected and re-identified but they still don't respond to control.

I still have control over tvs and all other video equiptment.

Is there a way to check the zigbee wireless signal since I am guess the sr-250 and the thermostats work on that?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

If you have not already done so, reboot the zigbee controller. In most systems it is your main controller. Just pull the power for 10 sec. plug it back in and wait 5 min.

I did that but sr-250 still wasn't working after 30 mins or so. But now that I just got home it is now working. Maybe I just needed to wait a little longer.

The thermostats still aren't responding though.

how far away from your zap are the sr-250 and the t-stat?................any other zigbee devices close to where those are as well?

Everything is really close to the hc-300. One thermostat is maybe 5 feet away and the other is 10feet.

I pulled the thermostats from the wall and pulled the batteries for a while. Just put everything back together and now they are working. I guess that reset them or something but now my system is finally back up and running 100% again. It has been acting up for 1.5 weeks and sure hope it doesn't act up again. I am planning on adding lights and locks to the system next month when I move to a new house and I think this problem would be 10 times worse with a bigger system.

I pulled the thermostats from the wall and pulled the batteries for a while. Just put everything back together and now they are working. I guess that reset them or something but now my system is finally back up and running 100% again. It has been acting up for 1.5 weeks and sure hope it doesn't act up again. I am planning on adding lights and locks to the system next month when I move to a new house and I think this problem would be 10 times worse with a bigger system.

Just add a 1000V3. I added one from the start and things have been solid...

Just add a 1000V3. I added one from the start and things have been solid...

I am not to that level of a project yet. At least I better not. Right now all I have is 2 thermostats and IR control stuff (3 TVs, xbox, cable box, etc..)

I will be in the new house in the middle of December and will hopefully be adding a few lights, locks, and garage door control. Maybe I will need it then.

Do you have IP control over your system (via touchscreens, iphone, etc)? If so then it is a zigbee issue. If not then it is most likely a processing issue.

my recommendation is to utilise a 2.4ghz spectrum analyser to see if there is any interference on the zigbee channel should it be a zigbee issue. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
Well it has happened again. Is there a way to restart the zigbee network? I unplugged the controller and rebooted everything but the SR250 remotes still won't connect.

Here is what I would do:

1. call my installer

2. have them work with Control 4's technical support to solve the issue.

This is NOT a user solvable problem (in my opinion) it is obviously going to require someone that you paid to solve it.

Just my opinion...

If you are in Houston I am only about 3.5 hours away if you want to come up and convince yourself that it really can work.

Bill

Well it has happened again. Is there a way to restart the zigbee network? I unplugged the controller and rebooted everything but the SR250 remotes still won't connect.

Here is what I would do:

1. call my installer

This is NOT a user solvable problem (in my opinion) it is obviously going to require someone that you paid to solve it.

Just my opinion...

If you are in Houston I am only about 3.5 hours away if you want to come up and convince yourself that it really can work.

Bill

3.5 hours must put you around the Dallas area. My system is tiny and I have always wanted to see what C4 can really do with a whole house install. When everything is working I love it. I just added lights and can't wait till next year when I plan on adding locks. I except there are bugs with electronics and things like this will pop up every now and then. Hopefully I can get it up and running again soon.

Here is what I would do:

1. call my installer

Just my opinion...

Bill

3.5 hours must put you around the Dallas area. My system is tiny and I have always wanted to see what C4 can really do with a whole house install. When everything is working I love it. I just added lights and can't wait till next year when I plan on adding locks. I except there are bugs with electronics and things like this will pop up every now and then. Hopefully I can get it up and running again soon.

The system, in my experience (I'm not shy on experience) has very few bugs and most errors I have seen are due to bad programming or poor system design. MAJOR BUGS like something that knocks the system offline or impacts it in a huge way...I have only experienced ONE in the past several years and it was the notorious 25 day zigbee slowdown...but that was fixed in a maintenance release.

Dealer spent around an hour on the phone today with Tech support and they are stumped with my zigbee problem. Controller shows to be online but nothing will connect via zigbee unless it is within 2 feet of the HC-300. (I have a thermostat and switch around 10ft away that won't connect.) They tried to restore an older project, 13/4/13 switches then trying to reconnect, disconnect thermostat and reconnect, and reboot controller. Tech said he ran out of ideas and that it must be interference from somewhere and to get a wi-spy (sp?).

The problem is everything was working fine the night before, nothing changed while I was a sleep. We are going to try and swap out the HC300 and see if that fixes the problem tomorrow.

nothing changed while I was a sleep. We are going to try and swap out the HC300 and see if that fixes the problem tomorrow.

Trying new hardware seems like a logical idea...it could be equipment failure.

You have no idea what might have happened while you were asleep. Do you have neighbors? I read on hear about neighbors overlooking some product in their home that all the sudden creates interference for you.

Your dealer ABSOLUTELY needs to analyze the spectrum space with a wi-spy. That should tell you what's going on in the wireless spectrum and help identify any interference.

nothing changed while I was a sleep. We are going to try and swap out the HC300 and see if that fixes the problem tomorrow.

Trying new hardware seems like a logical idea...it could be equipment.

Just swapped out the HC-300 and everything is working now. Looks like the most logical problem might have really been the problem. Only time will tell. Thanks everyone for your help.

Archived