C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless Light Switch Problems

murphydl

I have 3 Wireless light switches (2 Button Keypads) in My house:

Living Room

Dining Room

Sitting Room

I having alot of issues whereby they often fail to turn or off the lights.

I have a number of items running in the house including:

1) Baby Monitor

2) Vodafone Suresignal (Femtocell) for improving Mobile signal.

Does anyone know what could be causing the Wireless Light switches to be so unstable. We have tried turning off the Baby Monitor and Femtocell but they are still not reliable. Also my engineer tried chaning the Radio Channel for the Wireless switches but again they worked for a while and not unstable again

Thanks in Advance

Not only does this advice come from a high source but I have analyzed my own environ and found many potential problems. To check without such utility is tough but if you have a CA relay you can alter RF patterns a little by plugging it in at strategic locations around the affected KP. I did this early-on and it works.

Thanks alot folks for the prompt response.

I have downloaded inSSIDer and will check what channels are in use when I get home later .. I wouldnt be using Wi-Spy enough too justify the cost of it.

Can you clear up a few things in my head please:

1) Are the Wireless Light Switches using IP to communicate with the C4 system as opposed to ZigBee?

2) Would each of the Light switches then be assigned an IP Address for communication with C4?

Thanks

RyanE,

If there was interference across Channels should I have issues with my SR-250 Remote controls because these uses Zig Bee also .. Is this correct?

They do use zigbee.

Do you know if your dealer has "unwound" the antenna inside the switches?

I can check re: the Antenna ..

The following is my Lighting setup:

Take one Room for example, Basically I have 3 Circuits on the same Light Switch ..

Circuit 1: Spots

Circuit 2: Centre Light

Circuit 3: Wall Lights

The way my lights are setup then are

a) Living Room Light Switch - Is basically a 2 button Wireless Switch

B) 3 x 2 button wireless dimmers [http://www.nextgenhome.co.uk/products/UKIL-500_Control4_Wireless_Dimmer.php] (1 per circuit mentioned above).

I had to replace my Wireless dimmers after 2 years of using the system last year at what I consider a big cost and now I have issues again with the same thing.

To say Im a bit frustrated at the moment is an understatement but Thanks for your help guys.

Archived