C4 Forums | Control4

Get a relay to appear in every room?

I finally installed my CA garage door automation kit. Everything is working well. My only annoyance is that I have to change rooms in Navigator to access the relays. Is there an easy way to make these appear in multiple rooms? I thought about adding relays in each of the rooms, then binding everything together, but that seems like a kludge.

I can get to my garage relays quickly from any room ( on iPad ) by going to Security -> the house gears in the bottom left -> All zones

It's only one extra click, and I see my relays for the garage doors.

If I recall, it's the same # of clicks on my touchscreens.

I never change to the "Garage" room to open / close the doors.

Thanks

D.

I finally installed my CA garage door automation kit. Everything is working well. My only annoyance is that I have to change rooms in Navigator to access the relays. Is there an easy way to make these appear in multiple rooms? I thought about adding relays in each of the rooms, then binding everything together, but that seems like a kludge.

You used tl have to put them in every room. Now just select the bar on the left hand side and click "all rooms". Then you'll see them.

Well, that's on 2.0+. What version are you running?

Agreed. In that case one could put the motorization icon on the home screen like this which will immediately displays all sensors, doors, fireplaces etc when pressed. But this of course only works on the flash navigators.

Agreed. In that case one could put the motorization icon on the home screen like this which will immediately displays all sensors, doors, fireplaces etc when pressed. But this of course only works on the flash navigators.

I have moved motors/sensors tl the home screen on several navigators.

Now just select the bar on the left hand side and click "all rooms". Then you'll see them.

I'm trying to do the same thing, but I have my garage door sensor hardwired into a IO Extender. I'm running 2.1.1.

In Composer I used the garage door contact sensor driver. The sensor is working because the icon shows a closed door when closed and an open door when open. Basically I want to, from every room, check to see if the garage door is open or closed. Where is the "bar on the left hand side?"

Got it- thanks.

You got it. In the case we were speaking about, you create a favorite when you have the all the motor/sensors screen display then create the icon on the custom navigator screen and tell it to use the favorite that was created. Now when the motor/sensors icon is press from the custom home screen it go straight to the display all motor/sensors favorite.

Archived