C4 Forums | Control4

How to improve system stability?

I've had my system for 2+ years now and it has been great. But lately, I'm experiencing stability issues. Dimmers drop completely, delayed response times from motion sensors and today, a 6 button got stuck on the "start volume up" command. I intermittently power cycle to try and fix the problems - sometimes that works, sometimes it takes multiple attempts over several days.

It "feels" like it might be a Zigbee and interference problem (urban setting). I'm still on embernet and wondering if upgrading to Zigbee Pro would be a good way to improve connection stability?

Any ideas appreciated...

Zigbee pro solved quite a lot of our Problems :-)

Dont know about yours, but if the rest of the System did not change and the problem got worse it is worth a shot.

Otherwise try a different zigbee channel which is far enough away from surrouding wlan frequenzies.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I can pick-up more than a dozen wifi signals from my living room... sounds like upgrading to Zigbee Pro could help with interference. I'm pretty sure all my equipment is upgradeable - except the Card Access motion sensors. (But, kinda digging their new ceiling mount versions anyway).

Appreciate the advice....

Archived