C4 Forums | Control4

Registering controller

Hi guys this is a new one for me. My 4sight subscription had expired I got it renewed and suddenly my controller was no longer registered when trying to re-register I keep getting the error (Error while communicating with Control4 Web Services. Fault = (empty) LSE = 0). I have re-booted the controller and also the router and still have the same issue over and over. I have also tried to clear the project and than register still no luck a previous backup didn't work either. Does anyone have any idea how to correct this issue???

• 2 months later...

I had exactly this same error today and used this same solution:

I used putty.exe to SSH to the controller

typing ifconfig [enter] returned eth0 mtu 1500.

I then typed ifconfig eth0 mtu 1380 [enter]

Then confirm the change by typing ifconfig [enter]

It now shows eth0 mtu 1380, and now the controller registers successfully

• 2 months later...
I am having this same problem, but cannot figure out how to SSH into the controller. What is the username/password? Thanks for your help.

Login to the control4 knowledge base there is a document there that references how to login via ssh or contact your dealer to do the fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, after upgrading an HC300, I can now longer register. Get a VPN connection error, and a "fault = empty LSE = 0"

Unfortunately I'm a control4 development partner not a dealer, and don't have access to the knowledge base. Can somebody please help me?

Thanks

Colin

Archived