C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thegreatheed said:

the ability to trigger actions while you are on the video call.

With the 2N app you can trigger 4 actions during a call, it does require more programming than the DS2. With the 2N Door Station and 2N app you can switch to a different camera during the call; this also happens when using the T3s. So, if you unlock the door for the UPS guy, the app will switch automatically to the hallway cam, for example.

However, I found the 2N service to be unreliable in my tests. The Control4 App just works. 

So, anyone have any solutions for motion detection and alerts?  I currently feed it through some software on my computer.  Is there anything that Control4 does?  It seems like we're still lagging pretty far behind something like Ring even though all the hardware is there.

4 hours ago, KingElvis said:

So, anyone have any solutions for motion detection and alerts?  I currently feed it through some software on my computer.  Is there anything that Control4 does?  It seems like we're still lagging pretty far behind something like Ring even though all the hardware is there.

Uhm....been around since day 1? Motion detection on what, the DS2 - it's built into the driver to send you an email etc with picture, the system can send push notifications.........

Archived