C4 Forums | Control4

Is Diamond Design still in business?

10 minutes ago, thecodeman said:

Hey Wap, what’s up? diamond design is still in business. 

Great ...wonderful set of blokes... just curious if " DDFreeNAS" was still supported, when was the last firmware upgrade, what version? how one could get it (if there has been new firmware?) and if not how I could convert my NAS to Vanilla FreeNAS.....? See my other thread on this... any DDNAS users out there...Cheers.  

Hey Wap,

Question, did you have a problem woth the website? It shoul be working fine. It is here so let me know. It was down for a few days a month ago while we moved to a private server.  Also fyi we have duplicate mirrored sites the one you mentioned and www.control4.expert

As for ddNAS, I just renewed the 5 year trademark so plans are to keep it going but the guy I paid to do the fork retired.  It would be a software update not firmware but we've just continued to run the NAS on the original OS thus far (still running smooth) but I have considered updates.  We do continue to update the server.  So summary, the NAS update is on the plan book but not even started yet.  That being said, being a fork it may update to a new freenas if you wanted.  I would try and backup the movies/files first somewhere else if possible just in case.

Hey Wap, Question, did you have a problem woth the website? It shoul be working fine. It is here so let me know. It was down for a few days a month ago while we moved to a private server.  Also fyi we have duplicate mirrored sites the one you mentioned and www.control4.expert

As for ddNAS, I just renewed the 5 year trademark so plans are to keep it going but the guy I paid to do the fork retired.  It would be a software update not firmware but we've just continued to run the NAS on the original OS thus far (still running smooth) but I have considered updates.  We do continue to update the server.  So summary, the NAS update is on the plan book but not even started yet.  That being said, being a fork it may update to a new freenas if you wanted.  I would try and backup the movies/files first somewhere else if possible just in case.

Thanks for getting back and the info.

Ahhhh OK... so the server has been continued to be updated but the NAS hasn’t. Interesting.

I meant software update of DDNAS- though sure the NAS MB itself hasn’t had a firmware update in 6 years either. And no. Your original website isn’t loading. Sure - would definitely prefer to switch to FreeNAS if possible - Partic if no further DDNAS software updates are planned. I’ll probably put in a ticket via the mirror.

Rock on DD. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived