C4 Forums | Control4

Issues with WiFi Speaker Point

11 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Old crap. That is why. Time to replace w triad one

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Old crap @ $50 a piece, attractive thought. never mind high res audio, its just perfect, all this will be replaced in the future by 16 channels amp ... 

24 minutes ago, Amr said:

Old crap @ $50 a piece, attractive thought. never mind high res audio, its just perfect, all this will be replaced in the future by 16 channels amp ... 

But it's not perfect or attractive - thats the thing - you are here posting cause it doesn't do what you need.  It's old. don't expect it to be modern.  This is literally older then WPA2 as a standard - that is scary.

There's almost always a use for the old gear ….the exciting thing for me is repurposing and squeezing the last bit of life out of the old gear. Hell, I had an old HTC for the contact and relays running forever but finally retired it. And I do have a couple retired speaker points in my closet. I see AMR's point and msgreenf as well. I'm not a horder - hell I don't even recycle my plastic, I just hate throwing away old tech.

The speaker point has been EOL for a long time.....let us know how it works out and what you can get that speaker point to do? If the effort and result was worth the $50.

8 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Are you still using an iPhone 2?

Actually still have every iPhone I've ever bought.....wayyyyyy back :)  I never traded or sold them. Just put them back in the box …..

7 hours ago, msgreenf said:

I got some 486s. All yours...

Now who's hording??? lol

Archived