C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE License / Add device / Update Driver

Hey guys,

I am looking for some help and guidance in regards to possibly purchasing a Composer HE license, and whether Composer HE will allow me to what I am looking to do. I have an NVIDIA Shield device, and I'd like to be able to control it with Control4. My understanding is that I will need the IRUSB from Video Storm, and to add the Shield to my current setup. When I had asked my dealer about this, they said they did not support the Shield, and third party drivers. I asked if I could do it myself with Composer HE, and they've ignored that request multiple times. Second thing that I would like to do is Comcast upgraded my TV box to the Arris XG1v4. I've asked my dealer to update the driver, as the IR codes have changed with the new box, and they told me that would require an onsite visit and $150. At this point, I'd like to control the system myself. Would the Composer HE license allow me to do the two above items? If so, it looks like some users on these forums are able to offer HE licensing? Thank you.

Archived