What is the difference between:

• Top Led On
  • Top Led Off
  • Top Led Current

And same for

• Botton Led on
  • Botton Led Off
  • Botton Led Current

When my alarm goes to arm (away or stay) I want the LED’s to go red, but I want to keep it in sync - for instance - when my lights are on the top button is green and bottom button is black.  And vice versa when off top is black and bottom is green.  So i want to do the same thing with red - when on red on top black on bottom and when off red on bottom and black on top

I think the current one maybe is the right now but I have a ton of lights, so before I go nuts testing, anyone have ideas?

The On or Off are the LED colors that represent the status of the C4 Lighting device using the properties set in the C4 lighting device.  You don't want to use that in programming for this circumstance.

Use Led Current for programming, choose color, and associate it with the top and bottom LED color needed for the proper LED status to display on the rocker. 

eg programming the LED Current for Top to be Black and Bottom to be Blue would simulate the normal default LED status on a C4 switch/dimmer when the light is OFF.

Worth getting @RyanE to comment as he wrote the driver (I think).

I use the driver for backlights all the time (partly to change them when people get bored) and also for in alarm, I change backlights to green when the alarm goes off and to red if there is any movement in the active zones after the alarm has gone off (I.e. red means it is probably not a false alarm while green means it probably is).

I struggled a bit to get the LED stuff working (probably because I had the same questions as you and I did not play enough).  I also think I messed up some LED defaults when I was doing this!

55 minutes ago, dcovach said:

The On or Off are the LED colors that represent the status of the C4 Lighting device using the properties set in the C4 lighting device.  You don't want to use that in programming for this circumstance.

Use Led Current for programming, choose color, and associate it with the top and bottom LED color needed for the proper LED status to display on the rocker. 

eg programming the LED Current for Top to be Black and Bottom to be Blue would simulate the normal default LED status on a C4 switch/dimmer when the light is OFF.

Thanks

so basically use current and program 2x per color - one for top and one for bottom?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.