C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV IP Driver issues

Had no issues with this until recently. Trying to remove it and resetup per instructions isn't working either. It says control4 remote connect to apple tv but it won't control it. The LUA tab in composer is giving me these errors everytime I try to send a remote command to control my apple tv. Any help would be great, thanks!

Nick

{"method":"button","args":{"button":"right", "id":1,"state":"press","duration":100,"timestamp":5015297937}}
 {"error":{"code":7,"message":"Invalid timestamp value","type":"Invalid argument"},"method":"button"}

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Delete it from homekit. Force close homekit and control4 app and setup again

Hi msgreenf, 

I have done this several times. When looking at the apple TV it shows the 'Control4 Remote Connected' toast notification. This is what it has always shown when it used to work. I still get that but in the LUA tab getting errors. Any other thoughts? 

On 4/9/2020 at 6:13 AM, tekki70 said:

which ip apple tv driver are you using, which apple tv do you have, and what is the os of the apple tv

I have the newest Apple TV 4K driver from the online database in Composer. The apple TV is the newest generation of 4K apple TVs with the newest firmware installed. It shows the remote connected via C4 it just won't accept any commands per my note on the LUA tab in Composer. So frustrating when it has worked fine for a few months. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2020 at 4:53 AM, tekki70 said:

i would just delete it from the project, reinstall and run through the steps for setup again. pain yes,

Yeah I have tried that several times with the same result. It used to work perfectly now nothing, LUA tab shows errors when commands are sent even though the Apple TV shows online via IP driver. 

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.