C4 Forums | Control4

Simple doorbell that sends sounds the multi-room audio? Also C4 app notifications would be nice.

Waring192

Hello all,

Been away sometime and was left stranded away from home during lockdown so there are still some wires etc to be worked out! Couple of quick questions:

• I already had quite a few Unifi Cameras which I know are not compatible with Control4 directly so I have to use my server to have them go to Blue Iris and then use the Blue Iris Driver to display on the C4 screens etc. Just wondering if there has been any change and can skip the Blue Iris part and have them directly stream from the Cloud Key 2+ to C4?
  • Secondly, I have a door bird which is not fitted as yet, I was wondering if what other options there is as I'm not a massive fan of the design of it. Video and notification is not essential but would be nice. I would mainly like a the C4 whole house audio to sound when the bell goes as I sometimes miss the doorbell. Like I mentioned, there is some network cable to the door which runs too my POE switch so power would not be a problem. I just don't really fancy paying out so much for a DS2.

Cheers and hope you are all ok everyone!

New driver from Cinegration on Drivercentral for the Unifi cam systems.

The DB would work perfectly fine for what you want.  Personally, I find it to be the best option to get all the available features without paying $$$$.

You could also do Ring (ewww), but only button notifications, no video.  Would have to use native app for that.

44 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

New driver from Cinegration on Drivercentral for the Unifi cam systems.

The DB would work perfectly fine for what you want.  Personally, I find it to be the best option to get all the available features without paying $$$$.

You could also do Ring (ewww), but only button notifications, no video.  Would have to use native app for that.

Fantastic reply fella! Just what I wanted to hear regarding the Unifi Cam's! I take it your not referring to the old Unifi NVR driver and its for the the Unifi Cloud Key 2+?

Ok, regarding the Doorbird, like I said, it's not as nice looking as the DS2 but hey ho. So let me get this right, it does:

• Notifications/video too the C4 iPhone/iPad app
  • Can make all the speakers make a noise around the house
  • Video on the wall mounted screens/TV's (which are connected to a the EA1's)

Cheers

There’s also a company who does custom front plates and the entire DoorBird unit if you don’t like the way it currently looks.

https://www.eholovision.com

Might be of interest

Alternatively you could use the Ethernet wire it into a simple push button, bind it to a relay - program the button to execute an announcement when it’s pushed.

Thanks
M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

There’s also a company who does custom front plates and the entire DoorBird unit if you don’t like the way it currently looks.

https://www.eholovision.com

Might be of interest

Alternatively you could use the Ethernet wire it into a simple push button, bind it to a relay - program the button to execute an announcement when it’s pushed.

Thanks
M

I do like the sound of both options, I couldn’t find the faceplates though?

Would the push button also be able to give a simple notification to an iPhone? Other option is to simply use a spare camera I have and mount that under the poach eves to view when the bell goes. I guess that could be automated?

13 hours ago, Waring192 said:

I do like the sound of both options, I couldn’t find the faceplates though?

Would the push button also be able to give a simple notification to an iPhone? Other option is to simply use a spare camera I have and mount that under the poach eves to view when the bell goes. I guess that could be automated?

I guess they don’t do the faceplates anymore, maybe just the complete units... 

Yeah it can pretty much all programmed, 

You can get a feed to also display on t3 touchscreens and the onscreen display via a processor.

Thanks
M

Any voltage free push button would work something, if you want one with with a light you can power it of the 12 input on the back of the processor.

https://uk.rs-online.com/mobile/p/push-button-switches/8118483/

There’s also a pod driver with some nice features

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/utility/doorbell-agent/

Thanks
Muj

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.