C4 Forums | Control4

Just Add power 1G receivers

Out of 8 JAP 1G receivers that we have in the house only two are producing videoe's. The chargers went bad one by one over the years and then the units. I get one green light for the power but no green light for the video. I have found a source that has 8 used 1G receivers and about to purchase them. He said he will take them back if they dont work Do I need to change the IP or will they work with the IP written on  the boxes? The IP on mine is same for the first three numbers but the last number is different.

Please see attached picture.

Thanks

s-l1600 (1).jpg

One other question. He has 4 other ones. These ones says HDMI over IP. What is the difference between the HDMI over IP vs HD over IP. My boxes says HD over IP and matches the 8 he has. Are the HDMI without the side brackets the older version or newer version. He is the picture of the HDMI version

s-l1600 (2).jpg

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

Power supplies going bad is quite common, often caused by capacitor plague.  I have gone through many power supplies for the Hauppauge HD-PVR devices which also needs 5V and at least 2A.

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

Power supplies going bad is quite common, often caused by capacitor plague.  I have gone through many power supplies for the Hauppauge HD-PVR devices which also needs 5V and at least 2A.

I have been changing the power adaptors but i was ordering the same amperage as the original power adaptors rated at 1.6A. I have a 3A adaptor on order and will know tomorrow if the amperage will make these puppies work. I even had my programer update to the latest software versions on them but no change.. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.