C4 Forums | Control4

C4 ADP Dimmer Help Pls.

anon2828

ADP Dimmer:

Background: Just moved this dimmer.  It was previously showing LED light when off and on properly.  Don't know if it ever worked (it was new just 2 yrs ago) - After years found out dimmer was not actually connected to any load in the house (thanks electricians) - had no idea what it was for and never touched it.  Repurposing to a dimmable fixture in house.

Symptom: Now moved (and yes, I know how to wire these things - have done near 50 of em) the blue LED at bottom comes on, but when you hit it on, the upper blue LED does not light.  Bottom blue LED remains lit.  Have tried 15 presses of top of switch to reset - I don't see anything happen.   Have also gone into Composer HE and it shows in RED under Fault Detection: "Over Wattage" - I've tried hitting the Reset just under that in Composer HE to no avail.   Is it dead?

Help?

When you do a reset command on the dimmer itself - for example Pressing 15 times up for a Reboot or Factory Reset of 9-4-9 - what should you see the lights on the dimmer do - if anything?

Also tried just hitting the air gap manual switch at the top of the ADP dimmer.   Turned it back on and the RED light at the top came on for a second and then turned off.  Now no lights at all.

Thinking this may be one for the junk pile...

1 minute ago, anon2828 said:

Any LED light confirmation I should be looking for?  This thing just keeps the blue LED on bottom on.  No change, blinking, nothing...

If you reset the dimmer, you are going to have to have  your dealer add it back to your project....  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.