C4 Forums | Control4

Bond Bridge or Matterlink?

DawnGordon

Aside from being a Control4 dealer, I'm also a dealer for a shutter company called Norman USA. Norman has a motorized system that has a HUB and remote that communicates to the shutter to open and close the vanes. They currently do not have *any* drivers for 3rd party systems like Control4. I spoke with Norman tech support and they don't know what the RF frequencies are that communicate from the Remote/Hub to the shutter motors. They did say that they would lend the Hub/Remote to me for a couple of weeks to see if I could make it work with Control4.

So, I was wondering if Bond Bridge or Matterlink could identify the RF frequencies and possibly use them to control the shutters?

One other option is connecting to Amazon Echo or Google which I know they are working on. Is there any way to have a Control4 keypad send commands to Alexa to move the louvers even though there is no dedicated Control4 app?

2 hours ago, DawnGordon said:

Aside from being a Control4 dealer, I'm also a dealer for a shutter company called Norman USA. Norman has a motorized system that has a HUB and remote that communicates to the shutter to open and close the vanes. They currently do not have *any* drivers for 3rd party systems like Control4. I spoke with Norman tech support and they don't know what the RF frequencies are that communicate from the Remote/Hub to the shutter motors. They did say that they would lend the Hub/Remote to me for a couple of weeks to see if I could make it work with Control4.

So, I was wondering if Bond Bridge or Matterlink could identify the RF frequencies and possibly use them to control the shutters?

One other option is connecting to Amazon Echo or Google which I know they are working on. Is there any way to have a Control4 keypad send commands to Alexa to move the louvers even though there is no dedicated Control4 app?

Bond of course, matterrlink is a bit outdated, driver not updated in years, bond works perfectly fine, I had migrated to bond and never looked back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.