C4 Forums | Control4

Bond Bridge + Allen Roth blinds from Lowes

AJ_

I was able to use the Bond Bridge to control the Allen Roth shades I purchased from Lowes. I'm not sure if this is old news but it's definitely news to me. :)

I ordered one in the morning and it works great. The alexa integration is choppy it looks like but it may be better using C4. Now I need to grab that Chowmain driver for the Bond bridge.

@msgreenf Have you noticed any difference in the speed of response from C4/Bond Bridge commands on shades (somfy) when using individual shades versus a group ?

I set up 14 Somfy shades, and I get good response when I open/close one on its own.  When I command a group of 4, things get pretty delayed.  I assume that this is Bond Bridge taking time to make sense of everything, but maybe it's the fact that I put them into a Blind Group in Composer using the Control4 Blinds Group Driver.

1 minute ago, OceanDad said:

@msgreenf Have you noticed any difference in the speed of response from C4/Bond Bridge commands on shades (somfy) when using individual shades versus a group ?

I set up 14 Somfy shades, and I get good response when I open/close one on its own.  When I command a group of 4, things get pretty delayed.  I assume that this is Bond Bridge taking time to make sense of everything, but maybe it's the fact that I put them into a Blind Group in Composer using the Control4 Blinds Group Driver.

don't have 14 :)  IDK...lol.

22 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

don't have 14 :)  IDK...lol.

Understood.  Just trying to work out whether the group driver is helping, hurting or making no difference at all.  Response gets spotty as soon as I try to command more than one at a time.  

• 3 months later...

Hey there, I've been seeing around that people have success with the Bond bridge and the Allen+Roth shades; but I tried to set up my remote last night and had no success.

I aimed at the Bond bridge and held the "Up" button on the remote for minutes at a time, Bond never flashed green or gave any indication that it had learned the controller.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.