C4 Forums | Control4

Infinity Edge New TS

tumult

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI' date=' 2 other products went open books today too. If they have that much already I can only imagine what CEDIA will bring.[/quote']

The HC300, Touchscreens, and ?

The new remote (upgrade to existing)

The HC200 (upgrade)

they hiring where you work Dan?

Funny you should ask...I announced on monday I'll be resigning and I need to find my replacement. If you're in Utah shoot me an email and I can review your qualifications.

Dan - Where in Utah are you? I am in Draper.

I am reading the the backbox is the same for the 5" and the 7" (about 4″ wide and 2.75″ high) I would like to replace a MTS with a 7", but knew there wasnt enough room, but it looks like this may work!!

Somewhere in the hundred releases yesterday, I read there was an adapter that would come out later which would allow a 7inch to replace a mini touch.

they hiring where you work Dan?

Funny you should ask...I announced on monday I'll be resigning and I need to find my replacement. If you're in Utah shoot me an email and I can review your qualifications.

Dan - Where in Utah are you? I am in Draper.

My old house was in Draper...Draper Heights to be exact.

About 3.5 years ago we sold that place and moved to Lehi (Thanksgiving Point).

yea, with out some type of Front door intercom option I see this as a limited product.... I for one don't plan to put a TS outside my front door for people to play around with.... "Hon, why do the kitchen lights keep turning on and off...." "Oh the neighbor kids must be playing with the front door again"

I am reading the the backbox is the same for the 5" and the 7" (about 4″ wide and 2.75″ high) I would like to replace a MTS with a 7", but knew there wasnt enough room, but it looks like this may work!!

There is an adapter coming soon that will allow you to use your mts back box.

No ETA at this time.

Brent

Did you get a job at Control 4? LOL.

Nope...never even thought about it.

Not a bad idea though

**navigates to www.control4.com/contactus**

OK, well more news!

AudioShare is working on a new outdoor doorstation that will work with the intercoms on the infinity edges. I asked him if I could post a timeline on here and he said that I could say the rumor is it will be out by CEDIA. That is their #1 goal and what they are working on. Either way, even if its a month later (it is not complete yet) it means that Control4 now has a true intercom solution with indoor and outdoor units.

With their 4 wire/6 wire Cat5 adapter you can turn existing units into compatible units for retrofits.

Edited to add that (although unrelated) Luxul has announced their CEDIA lineup and it has a ton of new products in it, including the ability to run wirelss through the Luxul system for 3 miles.

OK, well more news!

AudioShare is working on a new outdoor doorstation that will work with the intercoms on the infinity edges. I asked him if I could post a timeline on here and he said that I could say the rumor is it will be out by CEDIA. That is their #1 goal and what they are working on. Either way, even if its a month later (it is not complete yet) it means that Control4 now has a true intercom solution with indoor and outdoor units.

With their 4 wire/6 wire Cat5 adapter you can turn existing units into compatible units for retrofits.

Edited to add that (although unrelated) Luxul has announced their CEDIA lineup and it has a ton of new products in it, including the ability to run wirelss through the Luxul system for 3 miles.

I called AudioShare yesterday to ask the same question, but did not get through to anyone. I was hoping that the reason that C4 is waiting to ship until September is for Cedia, and a new Audioshare door station.

OK, well more news!

Thats neat....is this different than the one posted on their websites homepage announcing New C4 Compatible? Or maybe it permits intercom without the audioshare hardware such as stated on their site?:

The lower priced C4DS model does not enable voice communication with the door station, but is Control4 Compatible, allowing the signal from the door station to initiate any programmed Control4 event, such as playing a chime or other recorded file on the Control4 music zones and back to the door station speaker. This allows the visitor at the door to signal arrival and also hear the selected chime or recording at the door.

http://www.audioshare.net/docs/ASDSBrochure.htm'>http://www.audioshare.net/docs/ASDSBrochure.htm

http://www.audioshare.net/

The doorstation makes the infinity edges that more attractive (even though they aren't flush mount!....my pet-peeve!)

It would be great if it had the doorbell, intercom and camera all integrated!

Thanks!

OK' date=' well more news!

Edited to add that (although unrelated) Luxul has announced their CEDIA lineup and it has a ton of new products in it, including the ability to run wirelss through the Luxul system for 3 miles.[/quote']

Thats neat....is this different than the one posted on their websites homepage announcing New C4 Compatible? Or maybe it permits intercom without the audioshare hardware such as stated on their site?:

The lower priced C4DS model does not enable voice communication with the door station, but is Control4 Compatible, allowing the signal from the door station to initiate any programmed Control4 event, such as playing a chime or other recorded file on the Control4 music zones and back to the door station speaker. This allows the visitor at the door to signal arrival and also hear the selected chime or recording at the door.

http://www.audioshare.net/docs/ASDSBrochure.htm'>http://www.audioshare.net/docs/ASDSBrochure.htm

http://www.audioshare.net/

The doorstation makes the infinity edges that more attractive (even though they aren't flush mount!....my pet-peeve!)

It would be great if it had the doorbell, intercom and camera all integrated!

Thanks!

It is certainly different than what they already have on their site. My guess is that they are going to take that same model, and make is work with the new C4 intercom, allowing doorbell and intercom via the C4 IETS. It would be AWESOME if they would add a camera, but as far as I can tell, they do not currently have a doorbell station with a camera, so I doubt that they will have that at CEDIA.

Can someone post the availability (timeframe) for white 5" and 7" TS's

Also the MTS converter back box.

Are the black 5 and 7" shipping?

Black is expected to ship starting at the first of September 2010, and White shortly after that.

No ETA yet on the adapter pieces...

http://c4central.com/2010/08/10/new-infinityedge-touchscreens-lower-prices-intercom-oh-my/

Ok,

I'm in the process of redsigning my A/V in my house and relocating where all my home runs will terminate. I will be going from composite to HDMI most likely using Intelix DIGI-HDMI-UHR Balun's. This will get me HDMI from my recievers to my television sets....I pretty much am comfortable with that.

I need help on one other item I want to address. I want to put some touchpads around the house to control volumes and such and also be able to interface with the Direct TV recievers to change channels and the like.

I will probably get an A/V co, unless programming these things is pretty much straight forward, and do the "rough in" wiring myself. I just didn't know:

If these units were a good unit and will do what I want

How many shielded CAT 6 wires do I need going to these units and how many, if any, RG6 coaxes to these units?

I would also like to place 2 of these outside. I noticed you can interface into CCTV cameras with these as well....

As you can tell, I'm a rookie in allot of this and need soem guidance.....

thanks,

Archived