C4 Forums | Control4

Adding FireTV to AV Rack - Need Audio to Run through Ceiling Speakers

Let me try to explain what I want, without confusing everyone. I have a C4 8 Zone Audio Matrix and I'd like to add a FireTV to one of my zones (without affecting the current setup). 

Is there a way to add the FireTV to my rack, and ran through the audio matrix without affecting my music services, or my audio from my DirecTV? I'd like to have the audio from the FireTV be distributed into my ceiling speakers, not my TV speakers. 

Clear as mud? Hope to receive some help, thanks in advance. 

you would need an audio convertor to get analog audio from the atv to add to the matrix. 

you will need an open input

the connections will need to be added

as long as no video devices have to digitized by the controller

i can see no problem

I guess I should have added that all 8 zones inputs are used, is there a way to tie this into the current master bedroom zone without affecting my satellite audio? 

Or would easiest way, just add an HDMI matrix, and use my current FireTV?

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, KevinLee said:

If you have a ea3 or above you could use the audio in to digitize the fire audio since it's probably one of the audio matrix ins already 

If you like a sync miss-match between audio and video - sure you could.

2 minutes ago, KevinLee said:

I would assume it would be for house audio so there would be no lips to sync. And there is always ways around audio to video sync if that would become an issue

Oh? I'd assume he wants to listen to that fireTV through his ceilings while watching. Seems a more logical conclusion to me.

I'd LOVE to hear how you'll fix a 1.5 second lag in audio being behind video using that setup. I could use that knowledge.

Sorry to be distant from this post. I was intending for this to be used to watch video on the FireTV in my ceiling speakers. Basically I was looking for ways to incorporate more video options into different zones without having to buy an HDMI matrix. Thanks. 

58 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Oh? I'd assume he wants to listen to that fireTV through his ceilings while watching. Seems a more logical conclusion to me.

I'd LOVE to hear how you'll fix a 1.5 second lag in audio being behind video using that setup. I could use that knowledge.

Out of 8 inputs 1 is bound to be for audio only. Move audio only input to the controller, connect audio from fire tv to input on amp that the previous audio in was located that was moved to the controller. Fix end points and test. 

No audio out on the fire tv? Since we are Never assuming what version he has and it could be the HDMI stick, the use an audio from HDMI stripper. Wyrestorm sells great ones for reasonable price. Then proceed as above. 

One thing you learn very quickly in this business is to offer several options to a do it yourselfer. The video solution that is above was already stated by Matt Lowe so if that was not the answer the customer was looking for since the lack of a reply I offered a audio only solution as well. 

Sorry to offend the all knowing Cyknight and you have yourself a great day

2 hours ago, KevinLee said:

Out of 8 inputs 1 is bound to be for audio only. Move audio only input to the controller, connect audio from fire tv to input on amp that the previous audio in was located that was moved to the controller. Fix end points and test. 

No audio out on the fire tv? Since we are Never assuming what version he has and it could be the HDMI stick, the use an audio from HDMI stripper. Wyrestorm sells great ones for reasonable price. Then proceed as above. 

One thing you learn very quickly in this business is to offer several options to a do it yourselfer. The video solution that is above was already stated by Matt Lowe so if that was not the answer the customer was looking for since the lack of a reply I offered a audio only solution as well. 

Sorry to offend the all knowing Cyknight and you have yourself a great day

I would assume it would be for house audio...

Ah so you were repeating everything others (other than me mind you) already said, just in a more confusing way.

It's not that hard to have 8 video audio sources. Even if not, the most common audio only source would be a controller. Never assume indeed.

depending on what 8 inputs are you can likely move one of them to a controller and then fill in the fire tv

The video solution that is above was already stated by Matt Lowe so if that was not the answer the customer was looking for since the lack of a reply I offered a audio only solution as well

If you have a ea3 or above you could use the audio in to digitize the fire audio since it's probably one of the audio matrix ins already 

What video solution is stated in that first reply by Matt? What offer of a audio only device? That last one is your original reply.

You clearly take my reply as a personal matter. Fine. I'll make it that: Your original reply states what i can explain in no other way as suggesting you output a fire TV into a controller - with no suggestion at all from OP that the fire tv would be used for music only (and why would it be?). Thus I reply, in nicer wording with a dose of sarcasm, that that's a terrible idea. Because it is - more so coming from a dealer.

[sarcasm]Sorry to offend.[/sarcasm]

A fire tv is a terrible idea for audio? Ok. I can see no matter what I say you will do your best to twist all around to your liking. The Never assume comment was just for you.

I really wish you and you company the best sir :) 

you have a Great day

Archived