C4 Forums | Control4

Mark Zuckerberg built a Jarvis app from Iron Man. It controls Creston, maybe it'll work for Control4.

rayk32

"In the longer term, I'd like to explore teaching Jarvis how to learn new skills itself rather than me having to teach it how to perform specific tasks.

Err, so not an AI?

And sure, just like he did for Crestron, he could technically have done the same for C4.

Cute isn't it, all the things you can do when you've got no job and all the money in the world. :blink:

Be sure to read the whole Blog, tons of awesome points in there:

(Sonos) - "I had to reverse engineer APIs for some of these to even get to the point where I could issue a command from my computer to turn the lights on or get a song to play. "

"At this point, I mostly just ask Jarvis to "play me some music" ...because it can't handle all the subtitles of artist, genre, etc.

" I have the choice of either speaking or texting, I text much more than I would have expected... That's because voice can be disruptive and text gives you more control of when you want to look at it. Even when I speak to Jarvis, if I'm using my phone, I often prefer it to text or display its response... AI products cannot be solely focused on voice and will need a private messaging interface as well "

"The most useful aspect of voice is that it's very fast... My dedicated Jarvis app lets me put my phone on a desk and just have it listen. I could also put a number of phones with the Jarvis app around my home so I could talk to Jarvis in any room. That seems similar to Amazon's vision with Echo ... we are further off from having general systems than it might seem... you attribute more emotional depth to it than a computer you might interact with using text or a graphic interface "

Archived