C4 Forums | Control4

Control 4 - Notifications

So I admit I am rusty on the 2.9.x updates on what they can do even though I have upgraded the house to 2.9.x

I was wondering in this day and age there has to be a way to get notifications (besides the IFTTT driver which I already own) from the system to navigators. Sometimes there is a need for me to check some status on things that don't surface to the navigators UI. Example I disable some Zone's on my DSC alarm - I send the codes, I have the option to check the bypass. I would like to create a custom button for the navigator say "Check status" - and a notification comes up on the navigator? 

Does this exist or was this to much to ask. Right now I am using email as a notification engine but that is so 1990.....

^ Also works for all touchscreens, plus you have the addition of sending a push message to smartphones/tablets as well.

Thank you both kindly. Made me feel really dumb (not in a bad way ) I just tested it my controller is still a good old HC 800, the notification only shows on my TV interface and not on my smartphone or pc apps is there additional config I need to do for the pc / smartphone apps?

The status message I tried as well and I don't know if this is expected behaviour but it popped up at the bottom right hand side of my screen by one of my custom buttons???

Have a look here (this is the navigator on the TV)

0d8e32206cb83a4e819668c57ded2295.jpg

Thank you both for the help!

8 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

Thank you both kindly. Made me feel really dumb (not in a bad way emoji23.png) I just tested it my controller is still a good old HC 800, the notification only shows on my TV interface and not on my smartphone or pc apps is there additional config I need to do for the pc / smartphone apps?

The status message I tried as well and I don't know if this is expected behaviour but it popped up at the bottom right hand side of my screen by one of my custom buttons???

Have a look here (this is the navigator on the TV)

0d8e32206cb83a4e819668c57ded2295.jpg

Thank you both for the help!

You feel dumb ?!

I have push to iPhone but had no idea this was possible ???

Still can't figure out how to do it !

Me more dumber <_<

Should clear this up.

First - there is NO notification/pop-up etc to PC-app.

Second, I did not intend to imply you'd get a pop-up on a mobile nav similar to a touchscreen/controller pop-up. I merely meant the 'normal' push notification. That said, that custom button for 'check status' could trigger said psuh notification, so you'd still be able to get that feedback on your phone.

9 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Should clear this up.

First - there is NO notification/pop-up etc to PC-app.

Second, I did not intend to imply you'd get a pop-up on a mobile nav similar to a touchscreen/controller pop-up. I merely meant the 'normal' push notification. That said, that custom button for 'check status' could trigger said psuh notification, so you'd still be able to get that feedback on your phone.

Thank you - so just to be even more clear :) on a mobile device the push notification should come up how - on the Control4 app? i.e. iOS navigator?

14 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

Thank you - so just to be even more clear :) on a mobile device the push notification should come up how - on the Control4 app? i.e. iOS navigator?

they come up like any other push notification

So I enable it in my.control4.com for all the listed devices for all events. Refresh navigators hook it up to the notification shown above, refresh navigators - nothing anything else I should add?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I enable it in my.control4.com for all the listed devices for all events. Refresh navigators hook it up to the notification shown above, refresh navigators - nothing anything else I should add?

2 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

you need to add the notifications agent. Then you program against that agent

Archived