C4 Forums | Control4

How do you sync announcements?

N8Ball

Question

I have a motion sensor outside at my front door and I'd simply like for the sonos in my bedroom and the sonos in my kitchen to play an announcements...but for the announcement to be synchronized. 

I'm having issues getting this to work...in fact, only the bedroom plays the announcement at the moment.

FYI - I have a variable "BeQuite" that is true after 8:00pm and turns false at 8:00am so I can adjust the volume of the announcements.

Any help is appreciated

syncannouncments.jpg.75ef10868532997ccf8815384de86027.jpg

Also...not to take this thread into a different direction, the motion sensor executes the above programming when it starts to sense motion...not when it stops. I don't know why but it only worked when I put this programming in the "Motion Sensor stops sensing motion".

3 answers to this question

Cannot be done. Two commands are being sent to two different Sonos. Not possible to have synchronization. 

Test using "when starts sending motion" instead. There are drivers in Control4 where the conditionals are reversed.

Thanks for the reply...but I have to assume that there is a way to play an announcement synchronously over multiple speakers.

Like when a doorbell rings, shouldn't you be able to play "DingDong" throughout your house?

Maybe an "Announcement" isn't the solution, so I'd love to hear how other have hopefully solved this need.

Archived