C4 Forums | Control4

New Control4 Controller, C4-CA1

chuddy117

Wow, and responding to speculation is not what happens in forums?

Many dealers have been around the block much longer than most consumers. We speak from experience, so, maybe you should just listen and not just poo-poo anything we say when we respond to your 'totally appropriate forum speculation'. But somehow responding to your speculation isn't totally appropriate forum discussion? lol

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

Many dealers have been around the block much longer than most consumers. We speak from experience, so, maybe you should just listen and not just poo-poo anything we say when we respond to your 'totally appropriate forum speculation'. But somehow responding to your speculation isn't totally appropriate forum discussion? lol

the bottom line is FCC filings dont mandate that a product be released.  Clearly control4 developed and filed something.  but will it see the light of day?

1 minute ago, thegreatheed said:

You can respond however you want to but when users show pretty solid evidence that a product is coming out and your response is "FCC filings are unreliable" (when in fact Control4 FCC filings have been anything but that) then it just makes you look like a Debbie Downer. 

You can respond however you want to but when users show pretty solid evidence that a product is coming out and your response is "FCC filings are unreliable" (when in fact Control4 FCC filings have been anything but that) then it just makes you look like a Debbie Downer. 
Sorry disagree. Fcc filings are evidence that a product was created. But no guarantee if when it will be released

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

the bottom line is FCC filings dont mandate that a product be released.  Clearly control4 developed and filed something.  but will it see the light of day?

You are exactly right but there are 2 things:

1) I would think a FCC filling less than a month ago with manuals, photos and other documents warrants speculations and talk without getting blasted

2) Control4's FCC filings have been shown to materialize. https://fccid.io/R33 . I cant find one that didn't (this may not be an official list)

Just now, therockhr said:

Show me an FCC filing from Control4 that didnt materialize.

Show me an FCC filing from Control4 that didnt materialize.

I dont have time enough to care, but I have seen products from many other companies that don't. 

It's fine, time will tell who is right and wrong

7 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I dont have time enough to care, but I have seen products from many other companies that don't. 

It's fine, time will tell who is right and wrong

It's not about whether it will come out or not. What I am saying is that there is enough out there to suggest it will and warrants a discussion.

1 minute ago, therockhr said:

It's not about whether it will come out or not. What I am saying is that there is enough out there to suggest it will and warrants a discussion.

no, there isn't but that's fine. Go speculate 

So what warrants a discussion? An official announcement? Is that when it is ok to DISCUSS a product?

Great ambassadors out here!

you can talk about anything and everything, the point that @thegreatheed and I are making is be patient.  Don't go planning whole new businesses for control4 based on a filing 

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

you can talk about anything and everything, the point that @thegreatheed and I are making is be patient.  Don't go planning whole new businesses for control4 based on a filing 

I'm not planning anything (well not a business anyway). I mentioned how it appears this product could help me out personally and gave other use cases that would make sense. Do I need to be patient on what I talk about?

45 minutes ago, therockhr said:

I'm not planning anything (well not a business anyway). I mentioned how it appears this product could help me out personally and gave other use cases that would make sense. Do I need to be patient on what I talk about?

No, but don't have a fit when someone says this is all speculation. That's all.

2 hours ago, therockhr said:

This is a strange forum. End users stumble across some information that leads them to believe a new product is coming out. Users start talking about how they like or dislike the potential product (because that is what you do on a forum) and here comes the dealers and employees acting like wet blankets telling them they shouldn't speculate or to not get their hopes up. Just weird...

When did anyone tell you to be quiet? You're going on a rant when I and msgreen mention that you're jumping to a lot of conclusions on a product that as far as the 'world' is concerned doesn't exist. No more or less was said at that point - YOU are the one that started going all out.

I never said it was fake, just that you're assuming a lot on very little.

7 hours ago, therockhr said:

This is not a customer you would have ever had or will have. This would have been someone who got a security system installed and asked them about getting remote access, door locks, lights, thermostat and some wireless sensors. That security dealer would have tried to sell them a Honeywell Lynx (Total Control), Honeywell Lyric or even maybe something like Smartthings or Wink.

I'm sure you do great work as you have lots of knowledge about lots of things on here, but not everything you do is that difficult. A technician for a security company could be trained to use Composer Express to add door locks, lights, thermostats and the like in a couple of days. They are doing it now with other products.

Sorry man, but what I've seen is 75% of security installers can't even be trusted to install a security panel UNLESS it's cookie cut to begin with. Heaven forbid you ask a Vivint installer to add a glassbreak....

9 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Sorry man, but what I've seen is 75% of security installers can't even be trusted to install a security panel UNLESS it's cookie cut to begin with. Heaven forbid you ask a Vivint installer to add a glassbreak....

It seems like every other trade you have to deal with is incompetent....

56 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

No, but don't have a fit when someone says this is all speculation. That's all.

No problem with saying it’s speculation, because it is. What is frustrating is people saying it’s “baseless” as if we came here and said someone’s uncle told them Control4 was coming out with a new controller.

26 minutes ago, therockhr said:

You literally said in another post that it could be fake and that it would take 10 minutes to make. 

Yep, COULD. and that was ATER you started stressing out.

23 minutes ago, therockhr said:

It seems like every other trade you have to deal with is incompetent....

Nope, no issues with tile setters, drywallers, painters and plumbers at all :lol:.

Let me get something straight - there's I'm sure LOTS of skilled electricians, security installers and company IT guys that can do C4 - but yes, I deal with plenty of trades, every day. And most people working int hem do not even WANT to do more than they do now (if they aren't too busy to begin with anyway). Plus I don't know what you do, but I've dealt with numerous security companies - enough to know that what they want is a quick security install that is the same every time - and earn money on the payback for the contracts.

What you are talking about is the individual installer that's earning money on the side - and you can't really MARKET that person because they just get their gear from generic shops to begin with (be it big box, wholesale or amazon). These people WILL NOT take a 3 day course to learn to install a C4 system. That's not saying they wouldn't be capable, just that it's not in their interest.

YMMV - but I see botched 'smart homes' installed by companies like Vivint or half-ass things setup by other trades often. Just a few weeks ago, a client of ours had Vivint installed because he wanted a doorbell cam that went to his phone on short notice (not part o the original C4 install at all) due to circumstances. They ripped out a full 60 zone DSC setup, dropped in a GE simonis and did 3 door contacts plus the doorbell. Took off with the DSC panel (worth more than the crap they put in, dropped a router in creating a loop in the network causing a full shutdown on internet, most of the network including disabling Vivint itself (C4 system as such remained up and running due to static IPs thank you very much) AND WALKED AWAY WITHOUT A WORD.

So yeah, experiences like that make me go 'nah' on the idea of security companies installing C4 systems. And no, that is not an isolated example. Wish it was.

Archived