C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV 4K with 'AirPlay 2' - Control4 Bug

Recently my Apple TV 4K auto updated to tvOS 11.2.5 which adds 'AirPlay 2' support.  Now whenever I press the 'Room Off' button on my Control4 Remote, everything shuts off and then immediately turns back on and starts play music from my AppleTV.  Pressing the 'Room Off' button a second time turns everything off as it should.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Recently my Apple TV 4K auto updated to tvOS 11.2.5 which adds 'AirPlay 2' support.  Now whenever I press the 'Room Off' button on my Control4 Remote, everything shuts off and then immediately turns back on and starts play music from my AppleTV.  Pressing the 'Room Off' button a second time turns everything off as it should.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Ir or IP driver?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 2TimeOlympian said:

I have not experienced this. I have the same TV OS and the C4 IP driver

I have the same tvOS and haven’t seen this problem. 

The IP driver has an auto room on setting. It’ll turn on a chosen room when the Apple TV starts airplaying something. I wonder if your driver is set to do this and you have a device connected to the Apple TV through AirPlay when you power off. 

Yes that is a possible and I think I may have fixed the issue.  I use iTunes to play my music library over AirPlay.  This is convenient as the receiver just turns on when I play to it through AirPlay.  Ever since the latest updates to tvOS 11.2.5, iOS 11.2.5, MacOS 10.13.3 with iTunes 12.7.3  I now see 2 types of AirPlay options.  I see the AirPlay I regularly use which displays the Computer,  Apply TV and the Yamaha Receiver and now there is a Switch to: Apple TV option (AirPlay 2).  See attached Image.  To @Brownbatsbreath point I believe my Apple TV was retaining a Now Playing song.  I turned on the Apple TV and closed the app from the App Switch menu using the Apple Remote.  That removed the now playing song and my iTunes again shows everything as not playing.  There used to be an Album cover in the image below where it said switch to Apple TV.

I'll keep everyone posted it starts up again after pressing Room Off.

AirPlay-2.jpg

• 5 months later...

Any update to this? I have the same issue you originally reported on two apple TVs (one appleTV 3rd gen (1080P)and appleTV 4th gen (4KHDR)). Both using IP driver as you. The only other difference is I don't ever use iTunes to airplay music to them so they just play a random song from Apple Music. It also is not consistent, not every time the device is turned off does it turn back on and start playing. My thought is that it was connected to the "Auto Power Rooms" setting in the driver. I like this setting but will try to disable it and see how it works.

Archived