C4 Forums | Control4

Baldwin Evolved

RC11

20 hours ago, RC11 said:

Has anyone integrated Baldwin's Evolved line of locks in to their C4 system? 

https://www.baldwinhardware.com/evolved

It looks like they are using Kwikset's Kevo technology, but I am not 100 percent sure. If it is the case, I haven't seen any Kevo drivers out there. 

There is no kevo driver but I have personally created one and have it working on my two locks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/9/2018 at 4:28 AM, Ilushka85 said:

I use a generic ui button and integrated with the http commands of the connected ui for kevo

Would you be willing to share that driver? I have the same issue... Baldwin evolved + Kevo and would like to be able to control from Control4.

• 4 months later...

I'm building a house now, and I would prefer to use the Baldwin Evolved handle sets, but I was hoping to confirm how well it works with Kevo.  Would I need multiple Kevo Plus Gateways if the house is relatively spread out?  

Do you mind sharing the driver with me as well?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Guys,

Many have asked but I have not written a full c4 driver.  I have created my own api for the kevo website. I then have integrated this into a project I run on a home server that creates connectivity for the following items:

Ryobi Garage Door Opener

Netatmo Security cameras

Hunter Douglas Shades (better than stock driver)

Kevo

Neato Robotics

I then have my home server via 2 drivers in c4 interact with ui buttons and states of them and states of shades.  Its not a solution that can just be moved over and installed for someone.  If there was enough interest / backing for this I would be glad to convert them to drivers but for now there is no benefit for me to spend the time as it works perfectly in my solution.

I've been waiting to see if a driver gets released. I would love to switch my house over to Baldwin Evolved but since I have 10 outside doors that I want to do I want it to be native and not go out to the "web". I would guess there would be a decent market for the driver if someone created one.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:40 AM, Ilushka85 said:

Guys,

Many have asked but I have not written a full c4 driver.  I have created my own api for the kevo website. I then have integrated this into a project I run on a home server that creates connectivity for the following items:

Ryobi Garage Door Opener

Netatmo Security cameras

Hunter Douglas Shades (better than stock driver)

Kevo

Neato Robotics

I then have my home server via 2 drivers in c4 interact with ui buttons and states of them and states of shades.  Its not a solution that can just be moved over and installed for someone.  If there was enough interest / backing for this I would be glad to convert them to drivers but for now there is no benefit for me to spend the time as it works perfectly in my solution.

What makes your HD integration better than the stock driver?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.