C4 Forums | Control4

Nest Secure

Drake0508

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Just note w out central Station monitoring it won't meet the definition of alarms for insurance

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I know. Not doing in for insurance. Just want to be able to high tail it home and get an alarm blaring when an alarm triggers. So I would use 4site to get the message to push to me. Def not the best, but my budget is exhausted. 

Thanks though 

19 hours ago, BuffaloC4 said:

Did you mean Simon by GE? Is that C4 compatible?! Extra module required?

You may have just saved me a cloud based headache. 

Cheers,

BuffaloC4

Not that one specifically no.

19 hours ago, BuffaloC4 said:

and I don't have home phone and don't wish another monthly bill. another caveat... 

Internet connection options exist for almost all panels.

19 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Just note w out central Station monitoring it won't meet the definition of alarms for insurance

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Good point - this goes for NEST as well.

I just spoke with Nest. Apparently the nest thermostat can arm and disarm the Nest Secure by switching from home and away. Does anyone know if the nest thermostat driver can change the home and away mode as opposed to setting temperature set points? In theory, I could have the Nest Secure arm or disarm when I use my “leaving” or “home” routine in C4 if the nest driver will focus on home and away in the Nest app. 

7 hours ago, Drake0508 said:

I just spoke with Nest. Apparently the nest thermostat can arm and disarm the Nest Secure by switching from home and away. Does anyone know if the nest thermostat driver can change the home and away mode as opposed to setting temperature set points? In theory, I could have the Nest Secure arm or disarm when I use my “leaving” or “home” routine in C4 if the nest driver will focus on home and away in the Nest app. 

Yes the driver can

• 3 months later...

All I was able to do was program C4 to run my home and away activities based on the home and away status of the thermostat. So I still have to arm the system but it will run away in C4. I just would rather do everything through the C4 app. 

Archived