C4 Forums | Control4

How to Update Firmware on SR260 Remote

This is probably painfully obvious somewhere, but how do you go about updating the firmware on a remote? I have 3 SR260s.  2 are at much higher minor revisions (like .104), and 1 is at .74 (or something close to that).  Is there something that you need to do to push a firmware update through Composer?

OK, that makes me feel better. I thought I was missing something really obvious.  I tinker with it and see if I can get it to update.  Does it show anything while it's updating (like the downloading icon that shows up when the remote is pulling a refresh from the controller)?

• 6 months later...

I also have this issue.

I have 7 x Control4 SR-260 Remote Controls which are running firmware version 2.1.104

I have 1 x Control4 SR-260 Remote Controls which is running firmware version 2.1.75

Composer automagically starts the upgrade and shows "Progress 0%" in the Status column and after a while it times out and shows "Upgrade Failed" in the Status column.

The remote has a battery module in it and the battery level is 100% and it is sat on the charging station which is about 4 metres away from the Control4 HC-800.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for posting the summary of what's addressed in the V3 patch.  This is the patch I need.  My issue is getting the patch applied.  Dealer is saying it should happen automatically once system is upgraded to 2.10.6.  Didn't happen when 2.10.6 update was applied.  How can dealer force SR260 firmware upgrade manually?  What is this 'manual patcher' that is referred to above?  Thx!

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

https://dealer.control4.com/support

It is literally the first thing on that page. Like I said. If your dealer can't find it you need a new dealer

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have the same issue on several sites. 

I can not see the article you are referring to on the support link at all. 

I’m on EU site so not sure if that is different. 

Could you post a link to the actual article?

Thanks

My dealer performed the following and it finally worked.  All three remotes now running .117.   High-pitched noise no longer coming from any of the remotes.  Thx to all!

Dealer Action: I logged in and changed the ZigBee channel then sent a refresh navigators command to have the remotes reboot.

Archived