C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Zigbee Network taking long to establish after Power Failure

MigSta

When I have a power disruption, sometimes C4 is taking hours before it works and comes full online.  For example, it can take hours for my lights to start working.  I talked to my dealer and my support person says it is probably taking too long to build the Zigbee network so they may change what controller builds the network or what WiFi channels are being used by the Zigbee network.  I didn't even realize that this might be the cause so it's good to know that maybe this will fix it.

Anybody experience this and when does the Zigbee network need to be rebuilt as not all power disruptions seem to cause this but some do.

I have the HC800 controller and it's a fully loaded C4 system (lights, a/v control, C4 devices (amp, video matrix, i/o extenders, 6 HC200/250 controllers, 2 C4 remotes, 1 C4 display, etc, etc.).  Also, there is an extensive Sonos system in play and a ton of wired/wirless clients so it's a pretty busy network overall. 

What causes the loss of the mesh network though.  When I power off/on the C4 controller, I don't lose the mesh for example.  And, are not mesh networks supposed to work in their own space so as not to interfere with other networks or other mesh network (i.e. Sonos).

7 minutes ago, MigSta said:

I have the HC800 controller and it's a fully loaded C4 system (lights, a/v control, C4 devices (amp, video matrix, i/o extenders, 6 HC200/250 controllers, 2 C4 remotes, 1 C4 display, etc, etc.).  Also, there is an extensive Sonos system in play and a ton of wired/wirless clients so it's a pretty busy network overall. 

What causes the loss of the mesh network though.  When I power off/on the C4 controller, I don't lose the mesh for example.  And, are not mesh networks supposed to work in their own space so as not to interfere with other networks or other mesh network (i.e. Sonos).

how many zigbee nodes do you have?

WHat channel is your zigbee on?

Zigbee can have a lot of issues when not done right.  the good news is when it's done right it is rock solid.  The tough part is it's hard to tell where the issue is with just basic information as some issues are environmental.  You really need to look at nodes per server, channel interference, hops for each node back to server, how many child nodes per parent node etc.  you could see similar symptoms on different systems but the problems could be completely different.  You likely need to get your dealer out there and have them work with support to start eliminating potential causes. 

Archived