C4 Forums | Control4

Migrate Recluse XBMC/Kodi driver to new controller

Robin.izi

Hello C4 enthusiast,

For some years now i have used the XBMC/Kodi driver with joy and ease, running on a HC800 controller.

The driver was purchased from Recluse AV licensed to the MAC address of the HC800, however recently i have

purchased a EA-3 and would like to make the EA-3 the primary controller. 

If tried to contact Recluse AV, but until now no reply or response, in the discussions here i read to log a ticket on DriverCentral.io, however Recluse AV isn't listed as a developer/supplier of Control4 driver.

Does somebody know if i can migrate my XBMC/Kodi license to the new EA-3 controller ? And is Recluse AV still active in the Control4 ?

Kind regards, Robin....

Hello Cyknight,

Thanks for the reply, although i hoped transferring the purchased XBMC driver on new EA-3 controller would be possible.

I will give the other XBMC/Kodi drivers a try (like Chow Main or the free Github driver)

Sadly didn't receive any reply from Recluse AV, are they still working in the Controll4 landscape ??

Best regards, Robin...

I attached a 2.9+ Kodi driver that I worked up from the open source driver. This driver uses event model for the UI commands but it also uses an API connection for some things like triggering library refresh and also tracking state of the player. This lets you for example use programming off the state variable to trigger lighting scenes (playing vs paused) and get even more specific if its in the media player vs the UI etc... Documentation is on the documentation tab. There is also support for either wake on lan or an IR command to wake the kodi device. This is required for at least the minix uh9 player. You only need to use WOL if your player supports it.  If you have a player that requires IR power on, get me the codes and I will add it to the driver as an option.

Kodi-Isengard-Enhanced.c4z

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mindedc1, 

Thanks for sharing the Kodi driver. I used the driver using the API connection over the network for a while and it works good.

However i did miss jumping to a percentage of the video, and the SMS style navigation when browsing through lists.

Another task a couldn't find was bringing up the menu to change Video, Audio, subtitle settings etc while playing a video, I did tried

to see if i could add the missing tasks but i'm not familiar with LUA and editing/creating C4 drivers.

Finally a noticed the Chowmain driver  was on discount, which i'm using now.

Archived