C4 Forums | Control4

Can Araknis or OvrC monitor network/bandwidth usage per device?

pinkoos

Is there a way to see how much bandwidth (data) is being used by individual devices connected to the network?  Specifically I want to see if the YouTube TV app on the Apple TV really does stop streaming with a Room Off command.  And, I want to see if there is any data leak when the Apple TV is not being used.

Can the Araknis routers and/or OvrC Hub do this?

Thanks.

• GlassWire (Code "LINUS" for 25% off, Link)

would be an app you could run and see what is happening on your network.

the router may have some basic information about network ussage but you will need to gather baselines and such.

wireshark is out there too but is much more advanced.

Unifi would be my suggestion.. I had a full luxul system and switched to unifi.. I had nothing but issues with Luxul and switching to unifi has been the best change.  Have not had one network issue and if there ever is, I can fully monitor.  Also I've installed unifi in all jobs since changing my system and again.. no issues.. Every week I get calls about issues with Luxul and I'm slowly changing all luxul systems out to unifi..  

Thanks for the reply, but I've already gone with Araknis for my long overdue C4 upgrade.  Posting earlier in the summer here, it seems that Unifi is not on the "official" list and so many dealers would rather go with products that are.  But, many others here had good things to say about Unifi as well.

yeah I've heard that too...  but I got tired of having network issues with Luxul and Araknis...  Every week one goes down so I'm just replacing them all with unifi..  Knock on wood. Not one issue with network with customers with unifi.  but I understand

Archived