C4 Forums | Control4

SSL issue. but its not the wrong time or need for a patch. (HC250 2.5.3.429171-res)

Hi all,

Complete newbie here. Just started using Control4 with a company and have done my associates installer cert.

I have been given a used HC250 to start my career. First thing I did was put it back to a factory restore (by the pin reset on the back) to get rid of the old dealers information.

It got set back to OS 2.5.3.429171-res

Since restoring it I haven't been able to connect to it properly via ComposerPro. I am using the correct version (2.5.3). 

The issue I am getting is "could not connect to director on [IP ADDRESS] on the secure port." it then says that the common cause for this is that the time is wrong on the director or my PC and allows me to connect to it on the unsecure port. Which is lovely, but useless as it doesn't allow me to make any edits to the project. I get the error message "project locked. the system is most likely being updated. modifications cant be made." I know the system isn't updating as when it connects on the unsecure port it warns me that I wont be able to make modifications to the project.

I have connected to the director on system manager 2.10.5 and set the time to be correct and it matches my PCs time, there may be possibly up to a 1 second difference. the reason for using SM 2.10.5 instead of 2.5.3 is that 2.5.3 doesn't allow me to change the time on the director.

One issue I have found is that I am unable to change the time out of  "GPS/Other local time server" any time I try and change it to "internet" or "legacy" I do the reboot to sync the time settings and when I load back up and reconnect it is back on "GPS/other local time server". In the "server hostname/ IP address" box it says "Invalid ntp argument config (start|stop|restart|config_server|config_client)" and whenever I have put any known working NTP addresses in the box, again, after a reboot it goes back to saying "Invalid ntp argument config (start|stop|restart|config_server|config_client)". settings also do not save even if I just disconnect and reconnect from the controller. Unless there is some form of saving function/button that I am not seeing/doing.

Another thing that I feel like I should probably mention is that when I connect to the director on any version of SM the out put window always shows the following message: "Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)" 

I have also tried to register the unit to see if this helps but when I go to account services and click register after inputting the 10 digit code I get and SSL error also.

I have also tried the SSL patches ComposerPatch2 and C4_update_manager_patch which were what have come up when I've searched SSL issues on the C4 knowledge base.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Desperately want to get this unit up and running so I can get myself up and running on C4

T.I.A!!

a) Download the Device image updater

b) Update the controller to 2.10.5
c) If possible, uninstall all instances of Composer pro from your computer (make sure you delete all folders)
d) Install CPro 2.10.5 and login

Can't see why this wouldnt work. 

Just now, Cyknight said:

update manager patch is NOT controller patch - I'd say that is your issue

Not sure where you read that the update manager is the Cert patch in my post.
I just suggested to upgrade to a higher version (2.10.2 and up) so he does not need to apply the controller patch.
I think we all agree his controller needs the cert patch.

1 hour ago, mallom said:

Not sure where you read that the update manager is the Cert patch in my post.
I just suggested to upgrade to a higher version (2.10.2 and up) so he does not need to apply the controller patch.
I think we all agree his controller needs the cert patch.

I didn't reply to your post, but to OP

Archived