C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless Speaker Point Network Problem

aceben72

Hi all,

I'm configuring one at the moment and it fails to connect to the wireless network.

Have checked, re-checked and checked again all the network information/passwords and it is all correct but still getting the 'can't connect to access point' error.

Anyone able to suggest something to try next?

Ben

I've just tried running it via ethernet but having issues with this too.

All went smoothly with the config but no sound is coming out.

When I check the 'Network Tools' tab in the Tools menu, it shows the IP address of the speaker point and the following are online:

Audio Server

Control Server Port

Net USB

However the last item in the list 'speaker point' is showing as offline.

Is this normal or does this suggest a problem?

Next chapter...

The ethernet connection seems to be communicating (although what I posted above is still the case).

If I toggle the 'local amp' setting I can get an iPod to play through the speaker point directly so definitely no issue with speaker hookup.

If I turn the 'local amp' back off the sound turns off so there seems to be communication over the network.

However if I fire Rhapsody up there is no sound from the Speaker Point.

It is in a room by itself and the bindings are:

A/V Inputs:

Digital Audio Client [Connected To] Digital Media > Digital Audio

A/V Outputs:

Digital Audio Server [Connected To] Digital Media > Digital Audio

Room Control:

Speaker Audio End-Point [Connected To] Bathroom > Audio Endpoint 1

Speaker Audio Volume [Connected To] Bathroom > Audio Volume 1

Have I maybe missed something here?

there is no 'factory restore' on a speakerpoint. there is a network reset, i assume that's what you mean, what you've done. you need a usb restore stick created with software off the dealer portal to do the usb restore (and it needs to be a 1.7.4 version restore stick for the speakerpoint).

is the speakerpoint updated to the same version as the rest of the system.

Yeah that was gonna be my next move! I'm guessing my HC300 will update it? I was told it's already on 1.8.2 (same as my system) but wondering given the problems if it's still on 1.7.

I thought a reset was where you hold the front button down for like 10 seconds but you get a factory restore if you hold for 30 seconds or so until all 3 lights flash?

Thanks for the suggestions guys much appreciated.

Ben

Ok updated to 1.8.2 and it's now working properly over ethernet.

Still having the issue with it being unable to connect over wifi.

Have tried DHCP and static IP's but no luck. I'm guessing there may be a setting on my router that needs to be changed?

If anyone has had a similar issue I'd love to hear from you!

Ben

It's an Asus rt-n16.

I've updated the router firmware which has got me one small step further down the track.

The speaker point now passes the connection test when I give it a static IP (otherwise it hangs at the acquiring IP stage). Oddly enough, when it hangs at the acquiring IP stage the router log is not showing a DHCP request even being received.

Anyway, once it passes the test with the static IP and reboots with the new settings, it does not appear to attempt to reconnect via the wireless and remains offline. Prior to reboot, the router is showing the speakerpoint connected via both the ethernet cable and the wifi. Following reboot there is no connection at all. It's like the speakerpoint is not attempting to connect via the wifi.

Seriously frustrating stuff!

Ben

It's an AVG-RAA1-B.

Still no luck with the wifi.

All the config seems to go smoothly - it identifies with the system, ethernet is working fine. When I do the wifi config it connects successfully when i push the 'Test' button, but upon re-boot it fails to reconnect and is listed as 'Not Addressed' in the Network Tools.

Really doing my head in to say the least!

Ben

I've given up and gone with ethernet.

Found a thread in the troubleshooting where someone had the same problem and couldn't solve it either. I've spent WAY too much time on it already. I have decided despite the extra hassle I could have avoided if the wifi worked, I'm also not too keen on having to wind my security back to WEP.

Thanks for your suggestions though! Much appreciated...

Ben

• 3 years later...

Archived