C4 Forums | Control4

Need something new.

Feel like spending some money - have a pretty complete system: (what am I missing or what's cool)?

TVs controlled

Cameras

Doors

Netgears with movies

Rhapsody on iPad and iPhone

Lights

I know about garage doors, thermostat - not interested?

i see you don't have security integration. I find that true integration comes from security intregration as it opens up your Control4 system to an enourmous amount of sensors (inputs) and relay controlled devices (outputs). We utilise security systems to do things from occupancy sensing (via motion sensors, reed switches, disarming/arming systems, etc) to output control over everything (garage door, front gates, door strikes, sprinklers, etc).

Hell we even get security arm/disarm to do different things based on usernames.

Alternatively you can integrate biometrics. We use our ekey at the office for exactly that. I swipe my finger in and it lets me in the office, welcomes me with a nice personalised voice and turns the lights on above my desk.

Interesting thread. I have never spent just to spend. There should be justification for something. But, to stand by Alan's post, sensor feedback can be used for a number of other programming features. You could email a neighbor to call the police for example, flash lights outside...

Interesting thread. I have never spent just to spend. There should be justification for something. But, to stand by Alan's post, sensor feedback can be used for a number of other programming features. You could email a neighbor to call the police for example, flash lights outside...

Good point, I wouldn't spend just to spend, the intent of the thread was to identify something that I am not currently doing that I could justify to my wife :)

You could work it backwards and most wives would think that's logical- I can understand that. My wife, on the other hand, looks right through me like I was naked. Pretty much need a business plan for something to happen around here.

What really hits me is it seems dealers (not saying who or how many here) don't pitch ideas or even new Control4 products they way I would if I was a dealer. Certainly, there is at least a free hour in the day to follow-up with old clients, isn't there?? Simple email stating there's a new controller out or a new video intercom TS or "just thought I'd share this driver I made for another client..." I don't work so it's easy for me to say this I guess. My wife dedicates a few hours a week to marketing and she works 16 hour days.

Panama- I can't think of anything to suggest but I did integrate a Karaoke system and that's been a big hit.

You could work it backwards and most wives would think that's logical- I can understand that. My wife, on the other hand, looks right through me like I was naked. Pretty much need a business plan for something to happen around here.

What really hits me is it seems dealers (not saying who or how many here) don't pitch ideas or even new Control4 products they way I would if I was a dealer. Certainly, there is at least a free hour in the day to follow-up with old clients, isn't there?? Simple email stating there's a new controller out or a new video intercom TS or "just thought I'd share this driver I made for another client..." I don't work so it's easy for me to say this I guess. My wife dedicates a few hours a week to marketing and she works 16 hour days.

Panama- I can't think of anything to suggest but I did integrate a Karaoke system and that's been a big hit.

Can you give me some specs the Karaoke system, sounds like a fun idea for parties and for the kids too.

Integrate sprinker system or pool/spa/ safety controls

voice control

I like XBMC for media players

For us it tends to not be something new, but rather something unique with the programming, like having the lights ramp to a lower level late at night, without remembering to double-tap. Or use a motion sensor under the bed to turn those lights on automatically... or an automatic sleep function to turn off the tv if no button is pressed for awhile.

Integrate sprinker system or pool/spa/ safety controls

voice control

I like XBMC for media players

For us it tends to not be something new, but rather something unique with the programming, like having the lights ramp to a lower level late at night, without remembering to double-tap. Or use a motion sensor under the bed to turn those lights on automatically... or an automatic sleep function to turn off the tv if no button is pressed for awhile.

my new xbmc eden driver (yet to be released) actually does something similar. I've programmed it so that if the screen saver is activated Control4 turns the av system off. Which is really great because i tend to pause a movie and walk off or at times fall asleep and the movie finishes and then it turns off. Personally i've set my screen saver to kick in after 10 minutes and i find it to be the perfect amount of time.

1. Automate your windows opening and closing

2. automate your outside lighting - add colored LED "wall washers"

3. automate your blinds

4. automate your ceiling fans

5. FloLogic water circuit breaker to cut off water if there is a leak

A few to start.

Bill

You could work it backwards and most wives would think that's logical- I can understand that. My wife' date=' on the other hand, looks right through me like I was naked. Pretty much need a business plan for something to happen around here.

Panama- I can't think of anything to suggest but I did integrate a Karaoke system and that's been a big hit.[/quote']

Can you give me some specs the Karaoke system, sounds like a fun idea for parties and for the kids too.

Strictly web-based so no "player". Professional audio mixer feeding existing amp, pro wireless mics, xbmc driver calling-up YouTube and Karaoke Channel, wireless mouse/keyboard, tri-color laser/two LED effects lights and one LED disco ball. Another party coming next weekend- this will be a teen-pop party for 15 girls.

Archived