C4 Forums | Control4

IPhone App

Anyone have any issues with the app and thermostats. Most of the buttons are disabled within the iPhone app for changing the thermostat. All is see is the current temp and can toggle the fan.

I have the latest app and c4 is on 1.8.6.

Anyone have any issues with the app and thermostats. Most of the buttons are disabled within the iPhone app for changing the thermostat. All is see is the current temp and can toggle the fan.

it could be due to how room bindings are set up. Make sure that both of the temperature related bindings are set up for the room that your phones navigator is in.

it could be due to how room bindings are set up. Make sure that both of the temperature related bindings are set up for the room that your phones navigator is in.

I have the same problem now, even when I make sure the navigator is in the correct room. Worked fine before the update.

READ COMPLETELY PRIOR TO PROCEEDING

For those of you on 1.8.x that have upgraded to the latest iPhone App update (v Control4 MyHome 2.2.1) - downgrade the app using the following steps:

1. Delete the app from the iPhone (or iDevice)

2. Navigate to C:\Users\<Username>\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications on PC. You will have to figure this out for Mac OS.

3. The previous iphone app files are - My House 2.4.1.ipa (first app), MyHome 2.1.4.ipa (earlier version of 2.2.1). It is recommended to make a backup of all (or C4 apps) on your local computer

4. If you have already syned your phone after installing the update to 2.2.1, delete this app from the folder in #2. If you do not have the files named in #3, you will not be able to proceed.

4. Connect your phone and sync. In the apps section for your iPhone, check the app Control4 MyHome 2.1.4.

5. On sync, the previous version app will be available on your iPhone.

6. Start the app to connect to director. I didn't need to get my dealer involved.

Note: This has been my experience and any attempts on your part to try this are at your own risk.

READ COMPLETELY PRIOR TO PROCEEDING

For those of you on 1.8.x that have upgraded to the latest iPhone App update (v Control4 MyHome 2.2.1) - downgrade the app using the following steps:

1. Delete the app from the iPhone (or iDevice)

2. Navigate to C:\Users\<Username>\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications on PC. You will have to figure this out for Mac OS.

3. The previous iphone app files are - My House 2.4.1.ipa (first app), MyHome 2.1.4.ipa (earlier version of 2.2.1). It is recommended to make a backup of all (or C4 apps) on your local computer

4. If you have already syned your phone after installing the update to 2.2.1, delete this app from the folder in #2. If you do not have the files named in #3, you will not be able to proceed.

4. Connect your phone and sync. In the apps section for your iPhone, check the app Control4 MyHome 2.1.4.

5. On sync, the previous version app will be available on your iPhone.

6. Start the app to connect to director. I didn't need to get my dealer involved.

Note: This has been my experience and any attempts on your part to try this are at your own risk.

Worked great, thanks.

• 11 months later...

Archived