C4 Forums | Control4

Hc-250

In my experience, the IR hangs on multiple commands (same driver works with HC-300), add that with the problems on launch and the slingbox disntegration and you wonder why fix something if it isn't broken.

Yeah I'm starting to think that. I wanted to upgrade software and get a HC800 but with C4 it's always a crapshoot. Hopefully, the HC800v2 will have the same IR hardware that's in HC300's.

^I thought this was one area of improvement, new radio, new antenna or something.

I haven't noticed much of a difference personally.

If you have a HC-300 and don't use navigator I would recommend just keeping it and buying HC1000v3 off of ebay for $250. IR is worse on the HC800, zigbee is questionable in my opinion, and navigator is zooming.

^I thought this was one area of improvement' date=' new radio, new antenna or something.[/quote']

If you have a HC-300 and don't use navigator I would recommend just keeping it and buying HC1000v3 off of ebay for $250. IR is worse on the HC800, zigbee is questionable in my opinion, and navigator is zooming.

ehhh, $250? That's a little low for something that still works fine for most installs. $450~$500 for used V3s is probably close to reality.

^I thought this was one area of improvement' date=' new radio, new antenna or something.[/quote']

ehhh, $250? That's a little low for something that still works fine for most installs. $450~$500 for used V3s is probably close to reality.

You should check the completed listings if you want a reality check.

Archived