C4 Forums | Control4

Help with new Panasonic Bly-Ray - 2012 model DMP-BDT320

Just got the new Panasonic DMP-BDT320. Unfortunately, did not know it came with a new style of remote. Kind of like a touchpad. Needless to say, it's not our cup of tea and I was trying to get it to learn the IR commands. Having a very hard time. Everytime, it just says that the command is not recognized. Can't really hold down a key so I have to tap the pad a few times.

I download the iPhone app for this which works over the network. I'm assuming that this means there are IP drivers for it. Just not for Control4 (yet).

Any suggestions or ideas on how I could get this into my project? I have a Pana TV with Viera and tried that also. Problem is my tv remote does not have controls for play, pause, stop, etc so I could not program those codes in.

Thanks.

You can use a regular panasonic bluray remote with it. Try a driver for a 310. I'm not a fan of that new style remote at all. In fact i don't think i would sell one to any of my customers if they werent planning on using a universal remote with it.

So, still working on. I add the 310 to my Harmony remote and then learned the codes. The Harmony sends all the correct commands. It works perfectly.

For some reason, I still can't get C4 to emit the right IR codes. Anyone else successful using a Harmony to build a driver? Just curious if this is the right path.

Thanks for the tips but still can't get it to work. Now I'm wondering if the codes are different for the DMP-BDT320. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Programed a Harmony to include the DMP-BDT310 and DMP-BDT320 (read somewhere that the 310 works better with Control4 ???)

2. While using the Harmony, I can fully control everything on the DVD player.

3. Added the DMP-BDT300 driver to my project.

4. Edited just the basic commands like play, pause, up, down, etc. which were all working from the Harmony. The driver wizard recongized all the commands without an issue. Using an HC-300 and pointed the Harmony directly at it.

5. Exported the driver and then added it back. I know you don''t have to but I wanted to be sure I was getting the correct driver.

6. I re-loaded the project and rebooted the HC-300 (just for good measure).

Still can't get any of the commands to be recognized. I can pick up the Harmony and it works without a hitch.

I did try the Viera as well. That seems to work except that I can't send the basic DVD commands like play, pause, stop, etc. May be my TV is too old for those. Once a dvd is played, none of the basic commands are sent.

Been trying to get a decent Bly-Ray player. I've tried 3 different models. Pioneer Elite took too long to load. Samsung Netflix didn't work, and not the Panasonic won't work on C4. :(

Yep, its a C4 emitter. I even pulled it off and and held it in my hands pointing at the DVD player. I know it works since it was just controlling the previous dvd player and it flashes when I send the commands. Back to the drawing board.

Main requirements for a Bly-Ray player were:

1. Fast loading

2. Netflix

3. Amazon

I had a Roku and returned it to get everything in 1 device. Running out of HDMI ports on the TV. No receiver. O well. Will post something if I get it to work.

I too, along with several of our installers like the Sonys (including PS3).

As far as your HDMI requirements...look at the Samsung BD-E6500. It has 2 HDMI in but I'm not sure how this would affect programming.

Archived