C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless thermostat wiring with remote temp sensors. PLEASE HELP

MattC1C4

Hello Everyone, Just a few questions I need answered if anyone can help. Thanks in advance!

1.We have two remote sensor connected to one Control 4 thermostat. I see nothing in the installation guide that show a two sensor configuration or wiring. Does Control 4 thermostat support a two sensor input? If yes how should they get wired?

2.I have never seen a thermostat that share the C terminal with the remote sensor connection. Are there any issue you know of that this common wire would prevent the remote sensor from not reading?

Thanks for the help...

-Matt

Thanks codeman. I'm assuming this:

"The Flush Mount Sensor requires a one inch hole drilled in the sheet rock, and press fits into this hole. The 8051 ties back to the support module with two wires. The support module typically is mounted by or behind the thermostat, and connects with 3 wires to the thermostat. This sensor requires either the 8061 Temperture Sensor Module or 8062 Temperture Humidity Sensor Module. Connected to an Aprilaire Thermostat to Operate."

only applies to connecting to an Aprilaire stat? It appears to be a two wire sensor, and I'm assuming it just wires straight up to the C4 t-stat as described in the t-stat documentation?

Thanks codeman. I'm assuming this:

"The Flush Mount Sensor requires a one inch hole drilled in the sheet rock, and press fits into this hole. The 8051 ties back to the support module with two wires. The support module typically is mounted by or behind the thermostat, and connects with 3 wires to the thermostat. This sensor requires either the 8061 Temperture Sensor Module or 8062 Temperture Humidity Sensor Module. Connected to an Aprilaire Thermostat to Operate."

only applies to connecting to an Aprilaire stat? It appears to be a two wire sensor, and I'm assuming it just wires straight up to the C4 t-stat as described in the t-stat documentation?

That's my understanding. Pretty sure it cross references to the Control4 part number, and actually says "Aprilaire" on the bag.

Archived