C4 Forums | Control4

Infinity keeps losing connection to Director

Hi

I have two Infinity screens with POe and both have static IP's connected to a Netgear switch. Running an HC1000 on ver 2.1.1

For some reason they periodically lose their connection to director and get the "press here to connect" message on the screen.

A reboot solves the problem.

Any ideas?

Regards

Hi

I have two Infinity screens with POe and both have static IP's connected to a Netgear switch. Running an HC1000 on ver 2.1.1

For some reason they periodically lose their connection to director and get the "press here to connect" message on the screen.

A reboot solves the problem.

Any ideas?

Regards

Could be a few things but double-check that TS is not set for wireless. My WAG is that the PoE switch is acting-up and power is inconsistent. Anything in between the switch powering this and the TS itself? What's upstream of the switch?

First, try not to use static ip at the device phase, use static lease at the router phase, which means after DHCP assign IP to the device, capture its MAC, host name, and ip and save it in the Static Lease in the router.

What this does is the router keeps same IP to the device without changing it.

Then UUID it in the Composer..

Hope it help.

^Not that I know anything about this but I do nothing you mentioned here and none of my many TSs have ever had a problem like the one described . Not saying he shouldn't exhaust all possibilities though...

My guess would be ip conflicts or network related issues. How does it come back online? Reboot of switch? Reboot of screen? Reboot of director? Does your remotes still work during this time? Do you have other devices that have issues?

Are those static IPs within the DHCP range of the router? If so, do like suggested above and reserve those IPs on the router or choose IPs outside of the DHCP range.

At least that's what I would look at next.

theres also a clamp that comes with it (to go around the cat5).............forgot the term for it..........maybe that would help

if you're up to this stage then you're clutching at straws. :lol:

Archived