C4 Forums | Control4

HELP!!!!! Needed on my 3.8 Color Touch Screen TSE-3.8

I have a touch screen brand new that has just been professionally installed but stays on connecting to director and stays on the screen what do i need to do to fix this issue can anyone please help i have already tried holding down the knob and holding it again after reboot any suggestions :|

Got bad news for you: Any Mini-Touch that you *just* had installed isn't really *brand new*, since the product was discontinued some time ago.

Check network connectivity to the device, and identify it into the project.

RyanE

The other issue you could be having is the version of the MTS could be too old to update to the version of your director. I bought a MTS to play around with from ebay and it was on 1.7 and my director was on 2.1. The device wouldnt update and work properly at all. I had to update the MTS on a controller that was at 2.0.5 first then it updated to current at the time and worked fine from there. I did incremental usb updates directly on the touch screen to one of the revisions of 1.7 first.

I have a touch screen brand new that has just been professionally installed but stays on connecting to director and stays on the screen what do i need to do to fix this issue can anyone please help i have already tried holding down the knob and holding it again after reboot any suggestions :|

The "professional installer" sold it to you, installed it and left without making sure it worked?

Most likely the OP did it himself and has run into the Control4 "iron curtain"

That's my guess as well.

I'm a professional, so I guess all my stuff is installed by a professional. My profession, however, has nothing to do with Control4 :D

Got bad news for you: Any Mini-Touch that you *just* had installed isn't really *brand new*, since the product was discontinued some time ago.

Check network connectivity to the device, and identify it into the project.

RyanE

I guess this is TECHNICALLY correct. The correct term would be New old stock. But i think we all knew what he meant by brand new.

Hopefully he can get his touch screen going. I know i had a hell of a time getting mine set up. But in the end, im very happy with how it functions considering what i paid. And it was a good learning experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Press the round knob down and hold for about 15 seconds, it will reboot the touch screen. Also check that the link light is actually coming up on the port of network switch it is hooked into.

Go in the settings and double check the network configuration and make sure it is not interfering with another device (duplicate IP)

Archived