C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone experiencing issues with Rhapsody?

I think I broke Rhapsody in the process of troubleshooting MP3 playbook (which now works).

If you have rhapsody and it works for you, can you let me know? Mine doesn't work right now and I assume it's an issue I caused but Rhapsody is a bit infamous for messing up their SSL certs causing Control4 breakage so I thought I'd check if others have it working right now.

Further if you have a multi-controller system (and especially if your primary is an HC1000) and you know how to check daemon statuses (IE sysman statuses), do you see rhapServer enabled on just the primary controller and disabled on all other controllers? Or do you see rhapServer enabled on all controllers?

Thanks!

Thanks, that'll help to narrow down the issue a bit. Which Rhapsody subscription plan are you on? At one point there was a 4.99 plan that worked with Control4, the default seems to be a 9.99 plan, and there's a 14.99 plan. I just want to get it working again with C4, don't care about the monthly. So curious which plan you're on...

I don't see the $5.00 plan offered any more on their web site.

I have the $10.00 and have periodic issues with Phapsody hitting some sort of "error" and losing my name and password and have to re-login again in order for it to work - other than a periodic hassle it is not fatal and does work.

I would love to do this for half that price though if someone knows how to sign up for the 5 dollar a month plan?

Bil

I don't see the $5.00 plan offered any more on their web site.

I have the $10.00 and have periodic issues with Phapsody hitting some sort of "error" and losing my name and password and have to re-login again in order for it to work - other than a periodic hassle it is not fatal and does work.

I would love to do this for half that price though if someone knows how to sign up for the 5 dollar a month plan?

Bil

cancel your account and wait for an email offering the discounted rate. That's how I ended up with it at $5 a month

Thanks' date=' that'll help to narrow down the issue a bit. Which Rhapsody subscription plan are you on? At one point there was a 4.99 plan that worked with Control4, the default seems to be a 9.99 plan, and there's a 14.99 plan. I just want to get it working again with C4, don't care about the monthly. So curious which plan you're on...[/quote']

Wow! That is alot for Mp3 format. I like the J River option better, just need the driver for it.. Then you can listen to real music, instead of compressed format.

I know what you like but keep in mind that most people don't give a crap as long as it works...

Most people don't give a crap about a lot I things until you introduce them to quality. I've converted folks who swore they would never care or be able to tell a difference.

People just settling is why the quality of our recordings are getting worse and why all the dynamics are being engineered out in favor of loudness.

If we only settle for "good enough" would anything ever be good enough.

Yes,

But we have threads asking for support of J River, we do not need it in every thread,

Also we should accept the fact that Rhapsody is not replacement for CD's or High end music servers. It is a streaming service that provides an extensive catalog that you can request album by album.

They are not competing products.

Brent

I keep having a touchscreen that loses the left side menus in Rhapsody. My dealer suggested I swap it with another location and then swap it back and that seems to have worked so far. But why do I have to keep doing that? I have the newest C4 2.2 version. Has anybody ever noticed that behavior?

^Never. Something wrong in your project files I guess.

But would something in the project file affect only one touchscreen? Although I am not 100% sure it is only this touchscreen, since it gets a majority of the use. The others might act up if I used Rhapsody on them as much.

Perhaps if we're talking about different size TSs. Something up in one or more C4 files that is causing this. Web Radio puts down multiple genre folders and places them on top of the lower tool bar in 7" screens here. I know it's due to reloading of the app but I hardly use that $29.95 waste so I don't care.

^Never. Something wrong in your project files I guess.

But would something in the project file affect only one touchscreen? Although I am not 100% sure it is only this touchscreen' date=' since it gets a majority of the use. The others might act up if I used Rhapsody on them as much.[/quote']

Rhapsody constantly stops and requires me to re-enter my name and password - there are other threads on this you may wish to search on.

I notice that they have again done things with Rhapsody in version 2.2.2 so MAYBE they have serendipitously fixed it?

Bill

I did and saw nothing regarding Rhapsody. Something about Napster in the UK. Are you trying to wish-away some problem there?

Down in the 2.2.1 release notes was something about Rhapsody...

Yes - 2.2.1 did not solve the problem - no I am not trying to push something away <grin>.

I though in reading the 2.2.2 notes I saw something about Rhapsody - if not meh...

I have upgraded to 2.2.2 perhaps in the upgrade they touched something that will make it work better.

Bill

^It appears to be isolated. Why not unload your project and start with just one room in. If all of that doesn't work, add another controller driver to the project to force-load Rhapsody?? Some dealer should be able to fill-in the blanks here...

^It appears to be isolated. Why not unload your project and start with just one room in. If all of that doesn't work, add another controller driver to the project to force-load Rhapsody?? Some dealer should be able to fill-in the blanks here...

My dealer and C4 tech support have confirmed that it is a known issue. Unloading and reloading will not help - it is known by technical support.

Bill

im just a consumer(non dealer)

having the same issue with Rhapsody. Got a regional tech for C4 on the phone and he had no clue about this. Said that he has never heard about the problem. Pain in the but. Im going to cancel my Rhapsody service

Adam

Archived