C4 Forums | Control4

Snap AV Wirepath DVR installed

Bud

Just got my Wirepath DVR installed (WPS-300 16CH) and it seems to work very well. I had a Vitek EH-16 analog unit and converted over to this today. So far I am very happy with it, but really the Vitek is all I have to compare it to.

It is faster than the Vitek, has a nicer gui and more options for privacy masking, alarms, etc. Also has built in DVD drive although I don't really see using this as thumb drives are now larger. The front controls, remote and included mouse work well and also give more control than my last unit. The online GUI (32bit IE only - says no Safari, Firefox etc) works well and is easy to set up.

The free remote app has more options including searching recorded video and a 16 ch grid on mobile devices.

The C4 IP driver works well and HDMI output works fine (I have it fed into the Snap AV HDMI matrix).

The Control4 integration works. The cameras are all visible in the C4 GUI on my old IE panel, onscreen, and Myhome PC and android. ..... C4 please ship the new touchscreens ....

The hard drive storage is expandable, the instructions say no limit, it can fit 4 drives internal if the DVD drive is removed. It came with 1TB but I would like to add a 2 or 3 TB internal drive. Any suggestions on a type of drive (something suitable for NVR/DVR use)?

I haven't gotten to try any programming yet. Is there some way to make a camera image come up on a TS following an event (doorbell, porch motion, etc)?

So far like I said I am very happy with this integration on my analog set-up.

If the cameras show up on the GUI then you can create a bookmark/favorite of them on the touchscreen. Then with the doorbell press you tell the touchscreen to go to the camera bookmark.

I am unable to bookmark the full screen. Are you? Maybe I'm doing something wrong

• 3 months later...
Just got my Wirepath DVR installed (WPS-300 16CH) and it seems to work very well. I had a Vitek EH-16 analog unit and converted over to this today. So far I am very happy with it, but really the Vitek is all I have to compare it to.

It is faster than the Vitek, has a nicer gui and more options for privacy masking, alarms, etc. Also has built in DVD drive although I don't really see using this as thumb drives are now larger. The front controls, remote and included mouse work well and also give more control than my last unit. The online GUI (32bit IE only - says no Safari, Firefox etc) works well and is easy to set up.

How do you think the streaming quality is?

The images don't seem nowhere near as good/crisp as when streamed from my Axis 241q.

Wondering if its a setup issue....

I haven't noticed a difference between Axis and the DVR within control4 - this with BOTH hooked up at the same time looking at the same cam on two identical wireless touchscreens fullscreen.

I find the DVR's web-page to have rather grainy picture, but on touchscreens etc - no no difference.

I'd have to agree that thats not as good. That said, the quality within Wirepath's own App for iphone is quite good - including remotely..

Of course unlike the axis you can record, view recordings etc, plus the bigger DVRs (I believe the 4 cam does not) have HDMI out making it a breeze to have it show throughout the house.

I'd have to agree that thats not as good. That said, the quality within Wirepath's own App for iphone is quite good - including remotely..

Of course unlike the axis you can record, view recordings etc, plus the bigger DVRs (I believe the 4 cam does not) have HDMI out making it a breeze to have it show throughout the house.

only the 9 and 16ch have hdmi out from Snap.

Really I had not used the IE webpage since setting it up. I mostly use the cameras on the C4 gui which look fine on the touchscreens and on the MyHome navigators on phones/tablets. The image is great on tvs through the HDMI matrix.

I tried it on the IE webpage and it looked grainy or more accurately like lots of compression artifact. I did look in my settings and under network I had the video stream set on QCIF-Superfine. I changed it to record (have to upload the settings) and it made a remarkable difference. Now looks plenty clear enough to me but I don't have an axis to compare it to and I am not expecting HD or megapixel resolution as I would from an expensive IP camera.

Archived