C4 Forums | Control4

Whole system intercom paging

Like many others I would like to be able to use the intercom to broadcast over audio zones.

I was wondering if this would work:

Disassemble a Infinity Edge TS and wire the speaker leads to an adapter to convert to line level then connect into the audio matrix.

Create a room called 'XYZ' and when that room is paged, specific audio zones would kick on and play the audio from that TS

I will take a stab at this. Disassembling the Infinity Edge TS sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen. IMO

Wouldn't it be easier to have announcements configured in Composer HE that you could manually play throughout the home with a Custom Button. I can see programming being as simple as:

Create a Room called Whole House Intercom.

Create a Custom Buttons with different announcements.

Now if you need to announce something across the system, you can either select that announcement or possibly using Recluse Text-to-Speech driver.

^^I haven't been watching but is it true that "many others" have asked for this feature?? Personally, I have never seen a request for "Mr. Microphone" app...

I think anyone who has purchased an intercom license would want this feature. I know there have been a few mentions here wanting that.

I'd buy an intercom liscense if I could use a speaker end point as a destination for my verbal announcement from the touch screen.

Verbal announcement,,, this can be done already.

Sound from the person talking at the door station??? Why, do you want to shout back or have microphones in every speaker zone? How would you answer the call to initiate the conversation anyway.

I'd buy an intercom liscense if I could use a speaker end point as a destination for my verbal announcement from the touch screen.

Verbal announcement' date=',, this can be done already.

Sound from the person talking at the door station??? Why, do you want to shout back or have microphones in every speaker zone? How would you answer the call to initiate the conversation anyway.[/quote']

I just want to be able to speak using the infinity edge TS and have it routed to the speaker zone that I choose. No need for microphones, as the other end need not respond.

Sound from the person talking at the door station??? Why, do you want to shout back or have microphones in every speaker zone? How would you answer the call to initiate the conversation anyway.[/quote']

I just want to be able to speak using the infinity edge TS and have it routed to the speaker zone that I choose. No need for microphones, as the other end need not respond.

Exactly, no need for 2-way interaction.

Don't just focus on the DS. What is being discussed is selecting a Zone as an end-point for voice. You would still speak into a TS. One problem with this is adjacent rooms would cause feedback. Separate zone volume control would need to be added alongside station volume. I would be surprised if this came about.

My idea was just add the ability to send an announcement to a station and look what happened there...

Ok, sorry I misunderstood you. :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

Archived