C4 Forums | Control4

Under bed lift

I am in the design stages of a project and at the request of the interior designer i need to explore the idea of an under bed lift. I've never had to use one yet so i'm wondering if anyone has suggestions and tips related to a system you have used. I've seen them online, if possible I would like to source one from Canada or Us. Any info is greatly appreciated.

http://www.futureautomation.co.uk/

these guys have great product and distribution in US and Canada.

Until I saw this reference, I had no idea what you were talking about - I thought that it was something that "lifted" the mattress so you could it up in bed.

We found a "lift" on line for about $250.00 and had a carpenter make a cabinet for the foot of the bed that it rises out of - the whole things works a treat - when you turn on the TV with Control 4 the lift energizes and when you turn off the TV the lift goes down.

The wife loves it and it is a hit when showing the house. Cost about $500.00 total.

Bill

I had no idea what a bed lift was, now that I know, I must have this.

My wife absolutely stated, she did not want a tv in the master bedroom because she doesn't want to see it when its not in use. I think I found the loophole.

I had no idea what a bed lift was, now that I know, I must have this.

My wife absolutely stated, she did not want a tv in the master bedroom because she doesn't want to see it when its not in use. I think I found the loophole.

Same problem with my wife. Did NOT want the lake view blocked. She absolutely LOVES this solution and now watches movies in bed - nice situation actually. And it was not expensive.

There wee some that had the TV actually go under the bed - but these have issues with spreads and sheets etc. The rising out of the cabinet is actually a great compromise.

Attached is a picture of mine at the foot of the bed.

Archived