C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone know if you can buy replacement powerbox for the 7" IEs?

R_Willis

I think the box with the power/network connections is bad.

Cause if I take the screen off and move it over to the other one, all is good.

Can you buy just "that" piece?

btw: interesting that the 7" IE touchscreen will actually work on a 1.7.xx project.

Thanks!!!

A dealer can do this via an RMA "repair", but they are not sold seperately "as such"

The reason it "works" is based on a sub-connection option dating back to pre-1.2.5. Using this option (as you must be) however does create a less stable enviroment with -generally- more frequent drop-offs and freezes. Also certain aspects of the new interface send info to the controller it cannot handle and can cause freeze-ups and delays on that side as well. Not to mention some odd behaviour.

While it allows using w/o upgrading, it is completely unsupported.

A dealer can do this via an RMA "repair", but they are not sold seperately "as such"

The reason it "works" is based on a sub-connection option dating back to pre-1.2.5. Using this option (as you must be) however does create a less stable enviroment with -generally- more frequent drop-offs and freezes. Also certain aspects of the new interface send info to the controller it cannot handle and can cause freeze-ups and delays on that side as well. Not to mention some odd behaviour.

While it allows using w/o upgrading, it is completely unsupported.

As a dealer, you might know that the interface' MAC address is needed to associate the RMA'd part with??

A dealer can do this via an RMA "repair"' date=' but they are not sold seperately "as such"

While it allows using w/o upgrading, it is completely unsupported.[/quote']

As a dealer, you might know that the interface' MAC address is needed to associate the RMA'd part with??

I am missing your point here C4UG, what are you saying?

Yes the touch screen has a mac address, but what else?

Brent

We're talking about going for an RMA on the receiver (or whatever it's called/not the back box) for a TS?? If so, they are asking for the MAC for the TS before sending out another. I don't know what the rationale is but I can guess.

I would guess that they were expecting you to purchase the back box and the touch screen at the same time?

Of course we know that touch screens show up on EBAY. Not an authorized dealer.

Could be a check for that.

I am guessing here

Brent

The back-box that causes this is NOT the in-wall part. The "install" box is a simple metal or plastic frame. The issue is with the little "box" that gets screwed into this "intall box" and where you connect the cat5/power to. It get shipped - with - the touchscreen.

As such the TS mac adress gives the product's time stamp to see if it's free or "paid repair", the latter in this case meaning you "buy" a new back-box.

If you buy a 3D projector that comes with glasses, but one isnt working - what serial nr do you think get's send out for replacement?

Or a receiver's set-up mic?

Or a remote control (for a device - not a universal or auromation).

Or a TV's base-stand?

Want me to continue?

^We're all on the same page. The receiver is the critical part, we know. OP bought "out-of-network" so to speak. No way Control4 is gonna send out a free part don't you think?

No, but they may be willing to set-up a PAID repair -through a dealer- that means sending a replacement back-box.

OP- I have three spare mid-boxes that were going in bedrooms but didn't happen. Post here if interested in one.

yeah, shoot me an email

control4 "at" roadrunner "dot" com

As long as the touchscreen and mid-box aren't somehow "paired" where they have to match,.

Thanks!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived