C4 Forums | Control4

AVR Usage Request

Hello Everyone,

Looks like I may be in the market for a new AVR. I currently have a Denon 3311CI that is slowly becoming a piece of Shit-aki. The Denon 3311CI just want connect and display video to my Sony Projector via HDMI. The Sony Projector can connect to all my other sources via HDMI without an issue.

Want to get an ideal of what others are using for an AVR that consistently works via HDMI. Main component is HDMI video.

No more Denon products!!!! Third AVR and I haven't learned my lesson.

Thanks in advance.

Avery

Avery,

I have the exact same problem with my 3311CI. It is going back to Denon Service Center. Fortunately, the shop I bought it from will swap it out for a brand new unit as it is still under warranty.

Tony

Yamaha and Sony (SE line being the only one I know about - I don't look at the rest) seem to have been the only ones consistently NOT having HDMI issues over the past 3-4 years.

Denon, Pioneer and Onkyo have had issues in the recent past.

That said, Yamaha had other issues just before the 3-4 year time range, so did Sony - so there's never a 100% guarantee.

And Vamp, C4 still doesn't certify third-party equipment, just partners in general and drivers specifically.

And Vamp, C4 still doesn't certify third-party equipment, just partners in general and drivers specifically.

What you say simply does not agree with the official Yamaha press release nor that of other hardware vendors such as Hydra etc. Control4 says the following about what certified partner hardware means:

www.control4.com/partner/certified/

Control4® Certified Partner products are rigorously tested in Control4® Labs for device compatibility and interoperability with Control4® automation systems.

Other Hardware Claiming to be Certified

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Control4+Certified&rls=com.microsoft:en-ca&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&redir_esc=&ei=ssuTUP_YCoXUiwLgrICQCQ

If this is not the case Control4 and it's partners are lying to consumers. Ryan is Control4 misleading consumers?

Archived