C4 Forums | Control4

TV Show Seasons

Jaffacree

Is there any 3rd party software for Control4 that will integrate TV Show seasons? The Control4 media scanner just brings in the individual files. I am looking for something to maintain the file structure and give it cover art and meta data.

Depends - MyMovies can get you the cover art meta better than C4's internal media scanner - but as far as display structure nothing can change the limitations (doesn't have such things as a break-out menu per show for episodes) is not supported within the C4 interface. Only one to change that is either C4 or perhaps an app developer could make an App do that - but that last still limits itself as far as which interfaces will support it.

XBMC has great Video media management. There are lots of ways to run it. I just installed OPENELEC on an old ACER revo 3610, and it runs flawlessly for XBMC playing back 1080p content, and with Recluse AV's XBMC driver you have full 2 way IP control over it. Also the XBMC library does get populated into control4 as well.

ok, i just bought an older computer to run as a server. If i use that machine for tv shows and with XBMC it will do everything that i need? I have a separate server for just movies, running my movies. Whats OPENLEC? I have a popcorn hour A300 for the playback also in my rack, that would only do the movies, correct? The playback of the TV show would be the XBMC?

The popcorn would likely be able to run the tv series' files, selecting them through Control4's media database would be the issue. You can manually add these of course, but the stated limitation (seeing one series, then a sub section stating season, then episode etc) remains.

Nothing of course stops you from using a media player's built in navigation screen, be it XMBC, Windows Media Center or a dedicated media-player, a PS3 or whatever. Just select the source and use it's controls to browse for whatever you want.

Nothing of course stops you from using a media player's built in navigation screen, be it XMBC, Windows Media Center or a dedicated media-player, a PS3 or whatever. Just select the source and use it's controls to browse for whatever you want.

The selection of the TV shows thru C4 is my issue. My Popcorn hour's NMJ does the Seasons then episodes, Im just looking for that in Control4. I dont want a movies list that is 1000 pages long with individual episodes.

My new XBMC driver will support TV series navigation through Control4's user interfaces (touchscreen, remote control, ipads, iphones, on-screen UI). It is currently in development and should be released q1 next year.

XBMC5.png

XBMC6.png

Note that our current XBMC driver does not support TV show integration through Control4's user interface. It does however utilise Control4's movie database for movie playback.

Archived