C4 Forums | Control4

System won't update to 2.3 - Asks to re-identify controller

I'm currently on 2.2.4 and when trying to run the 2.3 update, I get the following message:

Connections are still being established - Re-identify the controller running director and restart the update.

See the attached screen shot image.

My primary controller is an 800; I recently added an old 200 to my project for an audio connection, but had to do a factory reset to remove it from an old mesh. It's identified and connected, but since it's on old software (2.0.2), I think that's the issue. I could remove it from the project and run the 2.3 update, but that wouldn't fix the old controller issue.

In the connections tab, I've re-identified the 800 controller (without disconnecting it, as that would not be good), and I still get the message when trying the update.

Any suggestions on how to work through this? Thanks

Reboot the main controller, plus that 200. This usually clears this. (This is actually fixed in 2.3, but you need to be on it before it's fixed ;))

As a side note, unidentifying the main controller isn't an issue at all (deleting it if it's the ZAP might be an issue on occasion).

Archived