C4 Forums | Control4

Quick question about Control4 ELV Dimmers..

rocstreet

Funny you reference that thread today, as I'm finally getting my dealer to swap in an ELV today to see if I see any differences on my Juno G3 LED lighting. I've got one set of 3 LED cans powered by my battery backup as kind of a poor man's emergency lighting (lot cleaner than an actual emergency light too!) and it does not play well at ALL with the standard dimmer. So the standard C4 dimmers are pretty bad, and whatever is bad about them with this lighting seems to be amplified by running them through the APC backup!

Funny you reference that thread today, as I'm finally getting my dealer to swap in an ELV today to see if I see any differences on my Juno G3 LED lighting. I've got one set of 3 LED cans powered by my battery backup as kind of a poor man's emergency lighting (lot cleaner than an actual emergency light too!) and it does not play well at ALL with the standard dimmer. So the standard C4 dimmers are pretty bad, and whatever is bad about them with this lighting seems to be amplified by running them through the APC backup!

I don't know as if I'd be condemning C4 dimmers. Wouldn't it depend on your LED driver?

Funny you reference that thread today' date=' as I'm finally getting my dealer to swap in an ELV today to see if I see any differences on my Juno G3 LED lighting. I've got one set of 3 LED cans powered by my battery backup as kind of a poor man's emergency lighting (lot cleaner than an actual emergency light too!) and it does not play well at ALL with the standard dimmer. So the standard C4 dimmers are pretty bad, and whatever is bad about them with this lighting seems to be amplified by running them through the APC backup![/quote']

I don't know as if I'd be condemning C4 dimmers. Wouldn't it depend on your LED driver?

Did you read the referenced thread? It seems my dealer should have at least tried ELV when I had issues, but instead told me they weren't an option.

Archived