C4 Forums | Control4

Card Access Doorbell Install

I recently installed the Card Access Doorbell with the ELK cards. My C4 systems sees the card access units ok. When I actually press the doorbell it doesn't trigger off what I have programmed. But, if I am in composerHE and hit execute it works fine. I have installed per Card access video hooking it up at the doorbell transformer. (they have youtube video)

You guys have any idea why it is not working? (looks like it isn't sending a signal) not sure how to troubleshoot this one

Hmm, are you programming off of a doorbel sensor connected to the CA sensor?

For basic troubleshooting have it trigger a light if you can. Will tell you if it's being "sensed" properly.

Also keep in mind that if your doorbell is lighted it likely won't work (out of the box) due to the sonstant signal caused by the light.

There is an easier way to do what you are doing. Try using an announcement, It will automatically track you current selected device, switch to a camera page then after X time switch back. Id recommend that you keep the If living room power is ON. Another thing is you need to indent your programming for your if statement or it will always occur. ie. drag the annoucement ontop of the If living room is on. Then the annocement will only occur when the room is on.

Ryan

Archived