C4 Forums | Control4

LED Rope Lights

Jaffacree

What brand is everyone using? Im looking for LED Rope Lights for my Theater Room. I would like them to be color changing, and controllable by Control4, either by IR or other means.

Frys (FRYS.COM) has some really inexpensive LED's that you can have multicolored very inexpensively - they will operate on a remote that comes with it but nothing else that I ahve been able to work with - this is not a problem for me as I wanted WHITE - but you can set it to what ever color you like and then have it go on or off.

Note - you do NOT want a dimmer on the LEDs as MOST of them will "re-trigger" the lights - meaning that if you turn them off they will immediately just come right back on.

You can spend a LOT of money on LED lights that are multi-colored. You can also spend a lot of on on just white lights. The FRYS lights were the cehapest that I have found - the initial set that goes about 12 feet it $150.00 - extensions of up to 25 feet after that are less then $50.00 or so.

Bill

Im using the control4 DIN-system with 1-10V diming. 4 of the 8 channels in the box is for Led-spots, and 3 is for my RGB-stripes behind my screen. From the I/O-module i have connected a Velleman RGB-dimmer. The LED-strip is a regular 12Vdc 7,2W/m.

With that I´m able to set each colour, or create a light-scene for red, orange, amber, yellow, etc.

The total cost for 30 feet RGB including RGB-dimmer was ~350Eur + DIN-Rail.

I first had the strip controled by IR, I realy can´t recomend that.

Im using the control4 DIN-system with 1-10V diming. 4 of the 8 channels in the box is for Led-spots, and 3 is for my RGB-stripes behind my screen. From the I/O-module i have connected a Velleman RGB-dimmer. The LED-strip is a regular 12Vdc 7,2W/m.

With that I´m able to set each colour, or create a light-scene for red, orange, amber, yellow, etc.

The total cost for 30 feet RGB including RGB-dimmer was ~350Eur + DIN-Rail.

I first had the strip controled by IR, I realy can´t recomend that.

What driver are you using for the RGB control?

Archived