C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intros $300 Media Streamer and TuneIn Support at ISE 2013

dgbrown

They would - tunein license to stream them simply doesn't extend past the border so to speak. It should be just fine however - unusable steams come back with rather exact reasons why. Basically the only streams c4 can't play that tune in has is a handful that use wma - mostly South America and a few Asian channels as far as I've found so far.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And so I'm proven wrong.

Did dig a bit deeper though - seems the clear channel stations are behind a flash based pop-up for a reason - particularly to block IP's outside of the US. As such these channels are not available even through the apps when outside the US (without bypassing IP checks). In fact, iheartradio app doesn't seem to be even available in the app store when looking outside of the US.

Looks like they got burned because they licensed specifically for the US market only.

One more reason why I'm happy TuneIn was selected (at least first) - iHeart or Pandora would have been limited (officially) to US only, well Australia and NZ for Pandora. Nothing against iHeart or Pandora mind you, but I think C4 didn't need another Rhapsody integrated - one that is useless for a large part of their dealer/client group.

Archived